Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who would you be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sesen wrote:
Ohh Thats right - the aliens taught them.

You got it. The aliens taught them everything. They also taught them the hieroglyphic language, which is actually a language originally spoken on a planet called Xbegshlep 4. We only think we can translate it. It's actually a mystical and magical secret language that when properly deciphered will reveal the secrets of the universe: who God actually is, why the sky is blue, the cure for the common cold, how to make the male organ grow without the aid of pills or vacuum devices, and why the ancient Antlantians left their island to become Mormons in Utah.
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing reminds me of something similar I heard on a radio comedy...

I actually had a dream about being in ancient egypt last night-it was amazing-I could feel the heat of the sun and I was in the pyramid building site and I remember one of the overseers was really quite cute Wink of course this is just a fantasy but I did sort of time travel Laughing

I'm sure in reality it would be hard to live in those times-I'd get sunburn, heatstroke, mozzie bites, I'd have to cope with nasty food and lumpy beer-its either that or drink the dirty smelly disease filled Nile (makes you wonder why everyone in Egypt wasn't always drunk if they only drunk beer!) and it would be horrible to be a peasant-working every day non stop without a break in the stifling heat...and I would stink! Laughing
I think a queen or some high ranking noble would be nice-they were pretty clean, and they lived very nice lives-however being in a high status position does give you a lot of responsibilities...mind you it would be cool to be that female pharoah...
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isisinacrisis wrote:
I actually had a dream about being in ancient egypt last night-it was amazing-I could feel the heat of the sun and I was in the pyramid building site and I remember one of the overseers was really quite cute

Hmmm, so your overseer was Brad Pitt? Colin Farrel? Was he wearing nothing but a tiny linen loin cloth? In my dream my overseer would have to be Angelina Jolie, and of course it would be much too hot for her even to bother with the tiny loin cloth! Twisted Evil But knowing my luck, as I stood there gawking at Overseer Jolie, she would probably morph into someone like Roseanne Barr, and I would wake up screaming.

Were I to go back in time, I'd still have to stick with the role of well-respected scribe: someone who could be present at court to see and hear and record everything, but not someone so important as to be a target.
KhamerernebtyII
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well most likely I would want to be alive during when Menkaure was ruling (for some reason I find him very interesting) or when King Tut was alive so I could find out whether he was murdered or not. Very Happy
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to look it up, but that explains the name you picked Very Happy

Khamernebty II was probably a wife of Menkaure. In a book I have they have a line drawing from the rock-cut cemetery at Giza of Prince Khuenre, her son. It shows Queen Khamernebty II sitting on a chair. She wears a long tripartite wig and what looks like nice jewelry (a collar and a wide bracelet). Her son Khuenre, who is depicted as a youth with a sidelock is standing before her and he's holding somekind of bird in his hands.
The Queen holds a lotus in her hands.

Do you happen to know if this is a statue depicting Khamernebty II and her husband Menkaure?
She is identified as Khamernebty II on this page
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my book The Mysteries of Ancient Egypt by Lorna Oakes and Lucia Gahlin :

" First he (George Reisner in 1899 excavating the valley temple) found the pair statue of Menkaure and his queen Khamererenebty. He went on the find four more masterpieces of Egyptian art, the famous triad showing Menkaure with the goddess Hathor and a local deity, which are now in the Cairo Museum"
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhamerernebtyII wrote:
well most likely I would want to be alive during when Menkaure was ruling (for some reason I find him very interesting)... Very Happy

I don't find that unusual at all. Menkaure is a very interesting figure. He is overshadowed by his father and grandfather simply because their pyramids are so much larger, but in fact the pyramid of Menkaure is not exactly miniscule itself. Were it standing off somewhere by itself, I think people would be much more impressed by its size. And he was the last pharaoh to manage the construction of a truly fabulous and lasting pyramid. Look at the state of most of the pyramids after his...heaping piles of collapsed mud brick and filler.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: