Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travel recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rip Li
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: I love Canada! Reply with quote

I went to Niagara Falls two years ago and I truly miss it! I was only in the area where all the haunted houses and Ripley's and such was, but I did go by the falls, a lot. I rode the Maid O'Mist, and walked at night. Such a nice and clean country!

angel7
travelau
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hii Friends,

Everyone is suggesting their favourite places visited I would also like to add one ie... Australia

I am from India and last year I had a chance to visit Australia. It was really a very good trip and I enjoyed a lot. The places I visited are:-

Port Douglas --> Port Douglas is 68 kilometers (about 40 miles) up the east coast (Reef Side), north of Cairns. Set up on the beach (including the fabulous Four Mile Beach), and shielded by the Great Barrier Reef, it is a small city of about 4,000 people. The atmosphere is that of a laid back, seaside community, but there is a growing, tourist-driven commerce here, that allows you to enjoy a vacation in posh style. Shopping centers provide access to everything from designer fashion to Aboriginal art. You can shop in a boutique gallery or a small tropical hut. They produce markets offer a huge variety of locally grown tropical fruits.

City of Cairns --> The city of Cairns sits on the east beach (that's the reef side) of the North Queensland peninsula. This is the best-known city in coastal Queensland, and the gateway, for an outsider, into the entire area. This is the intersection of the tropical rainforest, the beach, the Reef, and transportation, inside and out.

Trinity Beach --> Just 15 minutes north of Cairns, you'll find the lovely Trinity Beach, commonly thought of as "Cairns' Favorite Beach". The beach is lined with palm trees, the sand is rich, and the water is warm, deep, and great for swimming and fishing. This beach has been discovered by tourists slightly more than Clifton Beach has, but it is a preferred destination for the local inhabitants around the Cairns area.
There are many cafes and restaurants along the beach, and there is easy access to local shopping, and into the city of Cairns.

Palm Cove --> The Ancient Aboriginals would be proud -- Palm Cove is renown for being Australia's "cleanest beach". The locals have an almost religious zeal for keeping their beach in pristine condition. There is a full-time Green Team, which works with the local businesses to keep the beach immaculate, as well to inform visitors of all the available services, including where to dine.The beach is also aptly named. It's lined with palm trees.

Accomodation in Port Dougals --> Port Douglas Accommodation at Mandalay and Shalimar Luxury Beachfront Apartments. The services provided by the Port Douglas Resort was really very good.

Cheers
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love going to Aussie too - its so nice and handy to NZ. I spent 6 months over there last year (nope the year before now, 2003) and drove right around the outside - 16,500 kms. My intrepid mother and I did a 'Thelma and Louise' for 2 mths. The rest of the time I backpacked about in the southern states.
The Northern Territory was easily my favourite place - red hot, red dust, unexplainably vast deserts, and fascinating people.
I will be back there one day soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: