Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer Movies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Summer Movies Reply with quote

Seen any of the summer movies, and like them?

I just saw War of the Worlds. I was going to boycot the movie because of TC's ridiculous rants, but decided that a Spielberg movie might be fun to watch.

I love sci-fi, and I rather liked this movie.
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see 'War of the Worlds'.

Just last week I took my brothers to see 'Madagascar'. It was hilarious! Very Happy

But I don't go to the movies often because it's pretty pricey (and I'm saving to go to Chicago next year).

But I also want to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend took her daughter to Madagascar and said it was very funny.
I have been thinking about going and seeing that one. I have to admit to liking some of those movies like Ice Age, Shrek, etc Very Happy
Still a bit of the child in me I think Very Happy

I have been renting quite a few movies through Netflix. I've even just bougt some sale DVD's because tickets in the theater are rather pricey. Kinda ridiculous to buy 8-10 bucks Confused

I may just go and watch the fantastic 4 Laughing I used to love the comic when I was a kid. I never got into Batman, but some of the other superheros I liked.

Any of you do summer reading?
With me that's just a continuation of autumn reading, winter reading, spring reading....

I am looking forward to reading the latest Harry Potter. Got somewhat hooked on those Smile

Am reading a book by Ross King right now about Michelangelo and the painting of the Sistene chapel. I had read another book by the same author called Brunelescchi's Dome about the dome built in Florence.
I love his style of writing. It's very well written. He knows all the history but weaves in a bit of the scandal and gossip about the characters involved. It really brings the period to life. Shows a sense of humor in his writing as well.
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have to admit to liking some of those movies like Ice Age, Shrek, etc
Still a bit of the child in me I think

Yeah, I know what you mean. Smile But, actually, some of the jokes in these movies are specifically meant to humer adults, do you know what I mean? Sometimes through the movie (Madagascar) my 9 year old brother would say, "I don't get it". It makes it a little weird having to explain it to them but oh well.

But I rent movies like crazy. Just an hour ago I watched "Darkness". It was pretty freaky, there were a few parts that scared the crap out of me.

Quote:
Any of you do summer reading?
With me that's just a continuation of autumn reading, winter reading, spring reading....

True, true. I'm currantly reading 'The Twelve Transforming' I'm on chapter 21.
Quote:
He knows all the history but weaves in a bit of the scandal and gossip about the characters involved. It really brings the period to life. Shows a sense of humor in his writing as well.

That's cool, I think that's important to the people like me who often fall asleep when reading educational books (unless it's a book about ancient Egypt, of course). Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: