Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Theban Mapping Project Fund Raising Tour

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teamtunafish
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Theban Mapping Project Fund Raising Tour Reply with quote

Next year (2006) on January 12-28, the Theban Mapping Project is sponsoring a 17-day tour of the important archeological sites in Egypt. It will Have Dr. Kent and Susan Weeks as tour leaders, A lecture by Dr. Zawi Hawass, a tour of the Village of Workers with Dr. Mark Lerner, who's in charge of the Giza Plateau, etc., etc., etc. They will be visiting the tombs in the Valley of the Kings including KV5 and Seti I's tomb, neither of which is open to regular tourists, as well as private tours of the Giza Plateau and Luxor Temple. The brochure is available at http://www.sevenwonderstravel.com/tourpdfs/weeks.pdf . Yes, it's expensive, but on the pther hand, how many opportunities like this come along in a lifetime?
Osiris II
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was seriously considering taking the tour this year. The opportunity to have Kent Weeks take the group through a tour of KV5, which is not open to the public, was irresistable. But after long and deep thought, I decided not to go. I am handicapped, and was not sure I would be able to cope with the rigors of the tour. That, and the very unstable situation in the Middle East--not necessarily Egypt, though--made me think twice about the tour. I think the final blow was right after the terrorist attacks in London. The tour was to start from there, and I just didn't want to go through taking a chance like that! Then it was quite expensive, too. Almost $4000 US dollars for an eleven day tour. When I go on my own, I'm able to stay a month and spend around $2000. Quite a difference! With much regret, I decided not to go this year! Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Travel All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: