Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daniella's Artwork
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just curious, but if "the lights go on" for some person would you draw an oil lamp instead of a lightbulb? There must be some joke about an oil shortage in there somewhere

Hmm, brings up the possibility of fatherly concern about Tut's sewing his oats:

Akhenaten to Kiya: "That boy's out in the village dipping his whick again. Let's hurry up and marry him to his step-sister."

Visit my blog!
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL You went from having a bright idea to having sex?

Under some circumstances that is a bright idea, but still....
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Under some circumstances that is a bright idea, but still....

Hey, I'm a guy. You know how our minds work. Laughing

Visit my blog!
the_tutness_is_here
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:
I'm not one to believe that the Amarna statuary accurately depicts the way Akhenaten and family looked, but goodness, there's material to be had there for the advacement of comedy.

Tut to Akhenaten: "Gee, dad, thanks for the hips and the egg-shaped head. All the girls think I look like some kind of art nouveau lampstand."

Akhenaten to Tut: "Insolent turd! May the Aten fry your flesh and wither your 'royal sceptor.'"

(Okay, so art nouveau started in the 1880s, but one must allow a certain amount of artistic license for the sake of literature. Very Happy )

Lol, awesome, buddy, I can use these too! And don't worry about the "Art Nouveau" bit...in my comic, Akhenaten's favorite food is a Canolli, which is an Italian dessert. He eats them by the dozens!

I can use some one-word insults, as well. Wink

kmt_sesh wrote:
Hmm, brings up the possibility of fatherly concern about Tut's sewing his oats:

Akhenaten to Kiya: "That boy's out in the village dipping his whick again. Let's hurry up and marry him to his step-sister."

...You know I had to read that three times and I finally got it. Yeesh, the perversion...I love it!! Wink Laughing Keep 'em coming, buddy, perversion welcomed.

Also, to note...you don't really see Kiya in the comic, only in the 6th volume about Akhenaten's past, when she dies giving birth to Tut, and at the very very very end of the comic, when Tut sees her for the first time in Heaven when he and Akhenaten become Gods.

I love it...Akhenaten and Tut never get along until the 6th volume...Akhenaten tells Tut of his past, and it's so sad...then at the very end of volume 6--actually entitiled "Akhenaten"--they come to an understanding of each other and become really great partners and friends, which is needed for thier mission.

...My sub-plots are so morbid, sometimes. Shocked There are plots wtihin plots within plots!

anneke wrote:
Some others:

"That boy is a couple of stones short of a pyramid."

Just curious, but if "the lights go on" for some person would you draw an oil lamp instead of a lightbulb? There must be some joke about an oil shortage in there somewhere

That one I really like too, anneke, thanks! ^__^ I can draw an oil lamp over thier heads as well for comic relief. That's an awesome idea. ^__^

I would also like to add, my comic is going to be for mature readers, I'm pushing for 16+ at the least. Lots of Cursing, violence...all the stuff adults would see in a rated "R" movie, lol. (And, no offense to Akhenaten, but for the sake of people's eyesights, he would be one of the few characters that wouldn't be...errrm..."Naked". Shocked Let's just leave it at that. )
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And don't worry about the "Art Nouveau" bit...in my comic, Akhenaten's favorite food is a Canolli, which is an Italian dessert. He eats them by the dozens!

Why stop there? You can have Tut ordering a Dominos pizza. The delivery guy pulls up in his chariot (with a Dominos sign on the side, naturally), and Tut steps out of the palace holding an hour glass. "Bah!" he shouts to the poor driver. "Thirty-two minutes, so it's free! Guards, enslave this wretch!"

Quote:
I can use some one-word insults, as well.

I'm not good at one-word slights, so how about stuff like Sand-maggot, Sphinx-face, Pyramid-butt, Nile-slurper, Croc-complexion, Hippo-hips, Barge-butt, Granite-head, Jackal-breath...

I'd better stop. This could get ugly. Shocked

Quote:
Keep 'em coming, buddy, perversion welcomed.

This actually comes from a close friend I had in high school. His name was David, and David had a character for a mother. With me right there next to him she used to say to David, "I'd better never catch you dipping your wick!" I never could get that out of my head. I doubt David could, either.

Quote:
...but for the sake of people's eyesights, he would be one of the few characters that wouldn't be...errrm..."Naked". Let's just leave it at that. )

I think I speak for all of the people of the world when I say, "Thank you!"

Visit my blog!
the_tutness_is_here
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:
Why stop there? You can have Tut ordering a Dominos pizza. The delivery guy pulls up in his chariot (with a Dominos sign on the side, naturally), and Tut steps out of the palace holding an hour glass. "Bah!" he shouts to the poor driver. "Thirty-two minutes, so it's free! Guards, enslave this wretch!"

Ha! And I love Dominos too boot. Wink But my Tut wouldn't say something smart and awesome like "Wretch"...this is my Tut: "What da F***k!? I get a free pizza?! Heck yes! Gaurds, arrest this little B**** at once!". Told ya there'd be some bad language in there, buddy. Don't say I didn't warn ya, I had to censor it out of respect for this board. Shocked

And note: At the very beginning when Tut was nine in my comic, he was expelled from Scribe school--he was meant to be a scribe, not pharaoh like Smenkhare was gonna be until he joins forces with Set--because he was a loud, obnoxious and a big trouble-maker. Akhenaten never paid any attention to him, and pretended he never existed until he was expelled...then Akhenaten had to yell at him for it later on. Shocked My Tut can't even read, much less say "Big words". Laughing Cool

I'd give you a more detailed explanation, but you'd have to ask me in a PM...It'd take up the whole thread! Shocked

kmt_sesh wrote:
I'm not good at one-word slights, so how about stuff like Sand-maggot, Sphinx-face, Pyramid-butt, Nile-slurper, Croc-complexion, Hippo-hips, Barge-butt, Granite-head, Jackal-breath...

I'd better stop. This could get ugly. Shocked

Lol, I like Pyramid-butt, Hippo-hips, granite-head and Sphinx-face, those are the ones that stood out to me the most. I can use them. The ugliness doesn't have to end there, buddy! Laughing

kmt_sesh wrote:
I think I speak for all of the people of the world when I say, "Thank you!"

And on behalf of me and all that is good and fair on God's green Earth, I say "You're welcome, buddy!!!" Laughing Wink I would never present something that could make readers and audiences dip thier eyes in acid and pop in new eyes that had shields in them for better protection against future Akhenaten nudity, lol!!
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At the very beginning when Tut was nine in my comic, he was expelled from Scribe school--he was meant to be a scribe, not pharaoh like Smenkhare was gonna...My Tut can't even read, much less say "Big words".

LOL There's more truth to this than you know. There were numerous scribal articles found in Tut's tomb, and most were inscribed, and because of that, we know that probably none of it belonged to him. Young Tut was not the scholarly type. Very Happy

Quote:
I would never present something that could make readers and audiences dip thier eyes in acid and pop in new eyes that had shields in them for better protection against future Akhenaten nudity, lol!!

I can rest easy, then. But when it comes to Nefertiti, please feel free to draw all the nudity you want!

Visit my blog!
the_tutness_is_here
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:
There's more truth to this than you know. There were numerous scribal articles found in Tut's tomb, and most were inscribed, and because of that, we know that probably none of it belonged to him. Young Tut was not the scholarly type. Very Happy

Lol, good. That helps make my comic all the more sweeter. Laughing I'll need that info, and if you have more on Tut's childhood--which is rare to find I know, but something is better than nothing--then pray tell, my good man. Wink

Quote:
I can rest easy, then. But when it comes to Nefertiti, please feel free to draw all the nudity you want!

Nefertiti?! Bah...she's not even in my comic, for reasons that even Tut would say. Confused I see her as the jealous stepmother, and Kiya--I made her Tut's mom in my comic, because she's more than likely to be Tut's actual mom--as the good mother that died in childbirth, and hoping her son will live a good life.

Heheh, Akhenaten gave Tut Hell, as far as I know, till he died, and Tut--UNwillingly, actually--became king. Laughing

.Just to be nice, though...I'll mention Nefertiti in the comic...that's about all. Shocked I'm sorry, but I'm not a big fan of her. Confused

Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably the first person I've met that doesn't like Nefertiti, interesting. Smile

Anywho, here is my latest, it was just a quick one. I think she is very pretty. It's from the same sculpture as the one before Akhenaten, just a different angle.

Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a couple of smaller sketches a while ago:

Bintanath (dau of Ramses II) with her daughter. From her tomb in the Queens Valley

Tia and Tia (sister and brother-in-law of Ramses II). From their tomb in Saqqara

3 amarna princesses

Ay and Tey from their tomb in Amarna

There are 2 more, but I need to upload the images first Very Happy
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work, everyone. I envy you your talents! Your sketch is striking, Daniella. For just a "quick" one it's lovely. I always enjoy your light and shadow.

And more from the tomb painter anneke. You know, one of my favorites among your latest is that little one of the three Amarna princesses, although Tia x 2 is very pretty--I like how the blue of the lotus flowers draws my eyes right to them.

Visit my blog!
Rozette
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniella and anneke,

The Amarna head is as always very beautiful, Daniella, I love the soft expression.Glad that you shared your talent with us.

The three Amarna princesses and the sketches of Ay end Tey are very good Anneke.
The colour drawings are also beautiful.
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your sketch is striking, Daniella. For just a "quick" one it's lovely. I always enjoy your light and shadow.

Thank you so much, and by "quick", I just meant "quicker than the other ones". It's smaller.

My sketches take me about 1-3 hours to do, and alot of that is the grid..I have to do some math, then draw the lines with a ruler, then erase the lines when I'm done doing the basic shapes....actually if you look closely at the right bottom corner, you can see some of the grid. Razz

Anneke, I really love your art work, my favoutite is the little Amarna princesses, they're so cute. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...actually if you look closely at the right bottom corner, you can see some of the grid.

Ahhh, I see it now. I hadn't noticed it before. So, do you use the standard ancient Egyptian Canon of Proportions? Does the overseer come along and make corrections in red pigment before you complete a project? Laughing

Visit my blog!
Daniella
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Of course, how do you think they turn out so good?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: