Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Rome-o-philes out there?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for those wonderful specials to come out on DVD that the Discovery Channel lately aired about ancient Egypt--Tut, Ramesses II, and one or two others. They were magnificantly shot and scripted and you'd swear the actors were the real people plucked from history (especially Carter and Belzoni).

Visit my blog!
queencleopatra
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one on the mystery of King Tut's death and it was excellent. The one on Cleopatra's death was also good. They actually made a model of King Tut's face.

Cleopatra's Note
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I saw one on the mystery of King Tut's death and it was excellent. The one on Cleopatra's death was also good. They actually made a model of King Tut's face.

I didn't see the one on Cleopatra but the one on Tut was fantastic. They really went to town on those specials and did a splendid job. I just visited the Discovery Channel "store" and not surprisingly the DVDs aren't out yet. It'll probably be several more months. I did see this one on Roman gladiators and it looks very interesting.

Visit my blog!
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I didn't see the one on Cleopatra but the one on Tut was fantastic. They really went to town on those specials and did a splendid job. I just visited the Discovery Channel "store" and not surprisingly the DVDs aren't out yet. It'll probably be several more months. I did see this one on Roman gladiators and it looks very interesting.

Visit my blog!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Books All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: