Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nubian Crafts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENNDO
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: nubia Reply with quote

that is i have done research on nubia for many years.

new books and articles have been written about nubia and new findings are always happening but you would see it on the news but you have to do the research.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure work is being done but it is not brought in the news as much as news about egypt.

I have read a handful of articles about the Nubian dynasty of Taharqa and such.

[I edited your post above to make it a bit easier to read. The change is "cosmetic". Not intended as a critique Very Happy ]
KENNDO
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: nubia Reply with quote

Take a look at the general discussion,i have posted some things on nubia.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
nubia was able to later in ancient times and later on to have the naval tech. to reach the new world.

This is very interesting and I'd like to learn more. Do you have any sources or websites where I might read about the evidence for this? Any help would be appreciated.

I recently watched a special about excavations in Nubia. It was well worth the hour, let me tell you. I don't remember too many specifics, but there's a damn going up and, as has happened in Egypt and many other countries, many historically significant sites will presently be under water. Confused The archaeologists were frantically trying to identify and excavate sites before the waters rose, and they found a wealth of materials. They also found a wealth of Egyptian statuary that the Nubians had brought back from Egypt after they had been driven out by the Assyrians.

Visit my blog!
KENNDO
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: art work Reply with quote

That must be the art work of the nubian kings they found in nubia made by nubians.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That must be the art work of the nubian kings they found in nubia made by nubians.

No, these were definitely of Egyptian origin. The artwork and style do not lie, and many of the pieces predated the Nubian conquest of Egypt. The excavators were digging this stuff out of the sand in the remains of Nubian tombs they had found.

Visit my blog!
kendo
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: THE NUBIAN STATUES Reply with quote

I been away for awhile,computer was acting up and i had some other busy work.

NO i think we are talking about two different things,the statues i was talking about were of the nubian kings found in the sudan and they were nubian.
here is the link.
by the way some of these websites would still have dates of nubian culture going back to 3500 b.c. and we know know that lower nubian culture goes back to 3800 b.c. and upper nubian civilization goes back to at least 5000 b.c. at kerma and futher goes back to 8000 b.c.
links

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/02/0227_030227_sudankings.html

http://www.sudanembassy.org/asp/print.asp?ID=152
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, kendo, welcome back. We've missed our resident Nubia expert. I see we were talking about two different things, yes. Thanks for the links, by the way.

You might be interested in this page. The Oriental Institute here in Chicago just opened its new Nubian exhibit this past weekend. I've yet to see it--the exhibit is small but apparently some very nice pieces are on display. Wink

Visit my blog!
kendo
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: updating Reply with quote

Thanks for the link.
The links inside the links i did read before and some of the dates as you know needs updating.
CHRISTAIN NUBIA DID not end in 1400 a.d.,UPPER NUBIA CIVILIZATION STARTED EARILER THAN THE A-GROUP CULTURE(prekema civilization started in 5000 b.c. nut civilization in nubia statred around 8000 b.c and kerma culture arond 2400 b.c. etc, etc,but overall the links have good info
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Nubia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: