Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Valley Of The Queens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smartie
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Valley Of The Queens Reply with quote

What female royals from ancient Egypt do you think, may have had a tomb in the valley of the queens?

qv31-Queen no name
qv36-Princess, no name
qv40-Queen cartouche is blank
qv73-Princess no name thought to be from the 20th dynasty
qv75-Queen no name

Unnumbered tombs-
Tomb of Princess - from time of Amenhotep III. Position unknown.
Some say Tuy (Mut-tuy), wife of Seti I, mother of Ramesses II. Was burried West of Tomb 66

I know I've missed a lot, but it's around midnight here, so my mind isn't working as good Confused
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe QV75 belongs to Queen Henutmira - Sister/Wife to Ramses II - I'm not sure how that's known though, because I didn't think they were any names contained in the tomb. Confused

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a page about the Queens VAlley on my website Very Happy
http://euler.slu.edu/Dept/Faculty/bart/egyptianhtml/tombs/QueensValley.htm

Princesses and Queens:
QV17 - Merytre, King's Daughter and Wermeryotes, King's Daughter (18th Dynasty)
QV31 - A Princess-Queen (19th dynasty)
QV33 - Queen Tanedjemy early 19th Dynasty This tomb dates to the early 19th dynasty, but this Queen was unknown previous to the discovery of the tomb in the 1980s.
QV34 - Anonymous princess-queen (early 19th Dynasty)
QV36 - King's Daughter
QV38 - Queen Sitre  God's Wife, King's Great Wife, Lady of the Two Lands, Mistress of Upper and Lower Egypt.  (19th Dynasty)
QV40 - A Queen, cartouche blank  (19th Dynasty)
QV 47 - Princess Ahmose King's Daughter, King's Sister.  (17th Dynasty) Daughter of Sekenenre-Taa (II) and Sit-djehuty
QV 51 - Queen Isis (Ta-hemdjeret), King's Great Wife, King's Mother, God's Wife.
QV52- Queen Tyti  King's Daughter, King's Sister, King's Wife, King's Mother,  Ramesside (20th Dynasty)
QV60 - Queen Nebettawy, King's Daughter of his Body, King's Great Wife, Lady of the Two Lands, Mistress of Upper and Lower Egypt. (19th Dynasty) Daughter of Ramses II and Queen Nefertari. Nebettawy served as her father's Great Wife later in his reign. This tomb was transformed into a chapel during the Coptic period.
QV66 - Queen Nefertari, King's Great Wife, Lady of the Two Lands, Mistress of Upper and Lower Egypt.  (19th dynasty)
QV68 - Queen Merytamun, King's Daughter of his Body, King's Great Wife, Lady of the Two Lands, Mistress of Upper and Lower Egypt. (19th Dynasty) Daughter of Rameses II and Queen Nefertari. Served as one of her father's Great Wives after her mother's death in ca. Year 24
QV71 -Queen Bint-anath, King's Daughter of his Body, King's Great Wife, Lady of the Two Lands, Mistress of Upper and Lower Egypt  (19th Dynasty) Eldest daughter of Ramesses II and Queen Isetnofret. She served as her father's Great Wife after her mother's death. Bintanath had at least one (unnamed) daughter who is depicted in the tomb.
QV73 - Queen Henuttawy?,  (possibly dated to the 20th Dynasty)
QV74 - Queen (Dua-)Tentopet  Great King's mother and King's wife. (20th Dynasty)
QV75 -Queen Henutmire, King's Daughter, King's Great Wife (19th Dynasty) Probably a daughter of Sety I and hence a sister-wife of Ramses II. A trough of her coffin was usurped by Harsiese for his internment in Medinet Habu (some 250 years later?).
QV76 - Merytre, King's Daughter (18th Dynasty)
QV80 - Queen (Mut-)Tuy, King's Wife, King's Mother, God's Wife (19th Dynasty)

Other Queens who may have been buried there include Queen Isetnofret, Maat-Hor-Neferure, and the second Hittite Queen from the time of Ramesses II.

They have found funerary equipment (but no tomb) of a King's Wife Henut and a Great Royal wife named Nebetnehat. I don't think these ladies are known from any other source.
Smartie
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queen Tanedjemy, never heard of her? I guess she married either rameses I or Seti?
QV40, now that could be a tomb of one of many queens of Rameses II
QV 34 the princess-queen from the earlu 19th dynasty is a bit mysterious? do we know of Seti having any sisters? Of rameses I? Rameses II only seems to have had Tia?
QV30 again could hold a daughter-queen of Rameses II?
QV58 could be Ankhasenamun (a stretch I know)
QV 56 and 57, are unfinished tombs from the 19th dynasty, I'm stumped on who these tombs were originally built for.
QV 61..65 the users of this tomb originally could have been daughters or relatives of Nefertari? I only say this because Nefertari's tomb and one of her daughters tombs are beside these Laughing not much to go on.

Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your pages are very formative Anneke as always Cool
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UGH put the *in* on formative Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
UGH put the *in* on formative

Actually I think "formative" is kind of accurate. No one likes compiling this information like anneke, and her lists are ever growing. Trust me, it's worth saving them to your Favorites file. Wink

Visit my blog!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: