Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Medinet Madi Temple
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:
Come on, people. Again...alien spacecraft. Wink

Laughing You can't seem to get them aliens out of your head, Kmt_sesh. 0X

Kmt_sesh wrote:
Daughter_Of_SETI , you said you saw the episode of Lost Worlds the other night on the building programs of Ramesses II? They discussed this method on that episode (unless I'm getting my TV programs confused).

Yeah, sorry Kmt_sesh. I have seen the program, but it was a long time ago (it wasn't a few nights ago), my memory's not that great. Embarassed

Kmt_sesh wrote:
Just imagine the famous unifished obelisk that still lies in its Aswan quarry. Had it not cracked and been ruined, it would've stood nearly 140 feet tall--the tallest obelisk ever raised. Now that would've been a feat!

I'm starting to get a little worried, I think you're becoming a mind-reader, Kmt_sesh. I was just going to ask if anyone knew which quarry it was that contained the broken obelisk! So, thanks for answering the question before I had chance to post it. Laughing Oh, and nice pictures too. Cool

Kmt_sesh wrote:
I needn't go into detail on what they did almost every single night! Let's just say they were very, very noisy about it. sex sign10 sign12 tongue5

I just know you were looking for an excuse to post them emotions. Wink Luckily I've not had to put up with that kind of disturbance before, mostly because my bedroom backs onto a graveyard **Spooky** and I don't really think the people there get that much action! I probably wouldn't even hear my neighbours arguements, if it wasn't for the fact that they tend to do their arguing in the streets.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett.
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of noisy neighbours and rock music at night...I was woken up at 2am last night by a huge blast of Bohemian Rhapsody. I like a bit of Queen but not at 2 in the morning! At least my neighbours have better musical taste than my uni flatmates, who were a lot worse with their constant hip-hop with the bass on so full that the walls shook. And they used to have drunken conversations and invite screaming girls into the corridors in the small hours and-even worse-set off the fire alarms at 4am.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter_Of_SETI wrote:
Quote:
So, thanks for answering the question before I had chance to post it. Laughing

LOL I aim to please. And right now you're thinking of a pepperoni pizza with mushrooms and extra cheese and a frosty Corona...no, wait, that's me. Razz

Quote:
Luckily I've not had to put up with that kind of disturbance before, mostly because my bedroom backs onto a graveyard **Spooky** and I don't really think the people there get that much action!

I should hope they don't get much action! But what a cool place to live by. I love cemeteries and Chicago is filled with huge ones, many of which are very old. I've explored quite a few.

isisinacrisis wrote:
Quote:
op with the bass on so full that the walls shook. And they used to have drunken conversations and invite screaming girls into the corridors in the small hours and-even worse-set off the fire alarms at 4am.

Wow, it's amazing how much universities in the U.K. sound like universities in the States. Some of that sounds like a few of my own college experiences from those long-ago, ancient days. Minus the hip-hop, I mean. It didn't exist back then, or maybe it did and was called rap. I can't tell the difference between the two--all I know is I absolutely can't stand either! Mad

Visit my blog!
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isisinacrisis was right that we were getting too far off topic, and I was shirking my "moderatorly" duties in contributing to it. To that end, I've moved the last few posts to a new discussion in the Miscellaneous forum that I appropriately titled Weird things we'd like to do... I think it's kind of a fun idea we hit on so I wanted to preserve the wild tangent on which we were branching off, so please feel free to hop over to the Miscellaneous section if you want to continue with it. Wink

Visit my blog!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: