Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Valley of the King tombs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ImageOfAten
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmt_sesh wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of those reports could be found at the Oriental Institute.

I just checked the website under "Electronic Resources" and "Publications" but I did not have any luck at all. Sad
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to find electronic versions of papers is to do a search on ABZU: http://www.etana.org/abzu/

I quickly did a search on "Schaden" but there were no hits for that.

Are you close to a University library? They should be able to help you locate the articles. May have a fee attached though.
ImageOfAten
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I am not close to a university library at all. No big deal though, for the time being I will just put this search on hold. There are many other things I would like to research too, and the sources will be a lot easier to find. Smile
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just checked the website under "Electronic Resources" and "Publications" but I did not have any luck at all.

I'm not surprised you didn't find it on the web. I've gone through their digital archives in detail and downloaded everything of interest to me, but don't recall having seen anything at all by Schaden. However, the O.I. has a very large archive or library that's open to students, members, and staff, and there's a good chance it might be there. I sadly don't have the time lately to go hang out at the O.I. archives, at least not till the Tut exhibit leaves Chicago, so...why not hop on a bus and come to the O.I.? Razz

Visit my blog!
ImageOfAten
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
. I sadly don't have the time lately to go hang out at the O.I. archives, at least not till the Tut exhibit leaves Chicago, so...why not hop on a bus and come to the O.I.?

LOL Oh yeah, I think I will do that right now! Hopefully I will make it back home in time for dinner.
It seems best I just select another topic to study for the time being. Choosing will be the hard part.
Jane Akshar
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thouhgt you might want to add to your list those tombs that you can visit and the current status.

From the notice board at the Valley of Kings where it states whether a tomb is open or closed

Currently from that list 9,11,17,35,52 are closed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: