Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMB of RAMOSE, TT 55

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carla
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: TOMB of RAMOSE, TT 55 Reply with quote

Ramose was the vizier and governor of Thebes in the 18th Dynasty, in the times of Amonhotep III and Akhenaten.The dramatic changes in religious ideas are all reflected in the decorations inside Ramose's tomb. There are decorations according to both the old and the new religious orientations. All in all the decorations in Ramose's tomb are of excellent quality.
Another interesting aspect with Ramose's Tomb is that it has a inner courtyard of about 40 m², situated right before the actual burial chamber. On the left wall of courtyard facing the burial chamber are reliefs before the religious change, hence you can see Amenophis IV before changing his name into Akhenaten, together with the goddess of truth Maat. On the right wall the transition has taken place, and here are images of Akhenaten and his wife Nefertiti below the sun rays of Aten. Ramose is seen right below receiving a golden chain as a gift.

12 pictures I want to post, I hope it is not to much Embarassed

First the painted site, with the funeral procession:

The Funeral Banquet:

The Aton Side:

And the most spectacular one :

Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing those photos with us, Carla, they are very beautiful. Cool

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett.
carla
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter_Of_SETI wrote:
Thanks for sharing those photos with us, Carla, they are very beautiful. Cool

Please don't thank me for the photo's, I have so many pictures, that I'm happy that I can show them to people who likes them, so I must thank you Exclamation Laughing Very Happy
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I love the tomb of Ramose, he's one of the most interesting Vizier's to me. Its a stunning tomb, thanks for sharing your photos, they're lovely.
barbel
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this tomb there's a room at the back which are guide told us contains a mummies head. Does anyone no if this is true or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: