Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interview: Who Built the Pyramids?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Interview: Who Built the Pyramids? Reply with quote

For anyone who has questions about who built the pyramids, I suggest you read these two interviews, they're truely fascinating. The first is with Mark Lehner (IMHO the most interesting of the two) who goes into great detail about the experiments that have been conducted (contains a lot of mathematics!) to prove the amount of workers needed to build Khufu's pyramid. The second interview is with Zahi Hawass, who speaks of the bodies found. All the findings have been on TV before, but I thought it was a very good read. Razz

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett.
Atum
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good read to at least silence some UFOlogists. If these pyramids were built by high tech aliens then why don't they look perfect. Only cover stone blocks are cut perfect, all stone block underneath are roughly cut. Maya builders in America never even bothered with stone blocks but used dirt instead.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Lehner is one of the world's foremost experts on pyramids. I would trust what he has to say. I enjoy his books. I know many of us like to give Hawass a hard time for the many kooky things he's said and for some of the questionable things he's done, but it remains true that he also is a world-renowned field excavator and researcher. His work on the Giza Plateau alone has been of great importance in our understanding of the pyramid builders and their lives (and deaths). Smile

Visit my blog!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: