Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Giza pyramid construction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cladking
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Giza pyramid construction. Reply with quote

I believe that in ancient times there was a massive flow of water during the flooding season from the future site of the great pyramid. This water came from a place about 30 miles SW. The ancients built a step pyramid for the purpose of distributing this water for irrigation. It's probable this structure still stands and its top extends to the bottom of the grand gallery. The queen's chamber is a distribution node to carry this water to
cladking
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. It's not letting me post and won't tell me why.

I'll have to figure it out later.

The water was used in counterweights to lift stone.
cladking
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty new theory of mine which I've been trying to get expert opinion for. This is a copy and paste from another board but I will write something unique if anyone cares to discuss this. I'm not sure what went wrong with the first post or even if this one will go through.

It didn't. Sorry, I give up.
Osiris II
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you believe in this theory, you might find this site informative:
http://www.gameroom.com/gizapump/index.htm

Personally, I think it's just so much crap!
There is absolutely NO trace of any water ever being inside the pyramid in such quantities. The basic idea of a ram, to the best of my knowledge, came to us at a much later date, from the Romans. Why would a pyramid be needed to supply water? The flooding of the Nile, catch-basins and irrigation ditches gave the land more than enough water for the crops.
And besides, why didn't the Egyptians leave ANY reference to such a system?
cladking
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osiris II wrote:
If you belie/ve in this theory, you might /http://www.gamer/oom.com/gizapump/index.htm

Per/n/lly, I think it's just so / of any w/ater ever being insid/e the /a pyr/id be ne/ded to sup/ply water? The floo/ding of the N/ile, catch/-basins and irr/igati/on /// bes/es, why did/n't the Egyp/tians le/ave ANY reference to such a sy/em?

I ca/n't see/m to po/t any/thing be/cause there is som/eth/ that gets blo//cked by the cen/sor and I /n't find it. So I'm no/t goi/ng to pre/se/nt my be/st ar/um/ent /just a bri/ef one.

I stu/mbled on M/r K/un/kle's ideas after I came to the belief the these structu/res were about /wa/er. Rat/her than being for the purp/ose of p/ump/ing water they we/re b/uilt because th/ey could be built.

Th/ere was a (d a m) upst/ream th/at wo/uld have rai/sed the / at Gi/za. This water wo/uld have been used for irr/igat/ion as well as b/allast to lift sto/ne. The caus/eway from the pyra/mid to the Nile were used as locks to rai/e ston/s to the site. The/re is exte/nsive water er/osion on the Sph/ynx and in the cha/mbers of the/ pyra/mid. There was even a b/oat b/uried on site in a wa/ter tite cont/ainer. /
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The galleries below the Step Pyramid of Saqqara were clearly built for the purposes of burial--and human remains were found there. The last thing the Egyptians of that time would want was for water to be introduced to any degree to the Saqqara complex. The superstructures erected around the pyramid were clearly for the purposes of ritual and the cult of King Djoser and had nothing to do with water distribution.

We needn't go looking for something for which evidence does not exist, when evidence exists in ample quantities for the canals and irrigation systems the Egyptians did leave up and down the Nile valley. They're still there.

As for the Giza Plateau, I know of no signs of water presence or damage to any appreciable degree within the three pyramids. In fact, these three pyramids are still in amazingly sturdy condition. It is people like Robert Schoch who have tried to forward the water-damage theory to the Sphinx, but this theory has been dismissed by mainstream scientists and scholars. The Sphinx has been much more weathered by the forces of wind, although occasional rainfall may have had some limited effect.

I am not that familiar with the work of Edward Kunkle but these theories of his, including his argument that pyramids could make water fountains hundreds of feet high, are plainly ludicrous. I do not mean to be harsh but what this demonstrates to me is, Schoch and Kunkle and other such people clearly lack a fundamnetal understanding and perception of ancient Egyptian funerary architecture.

Visit my blog!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: