Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Hieroglyphics - Papyrus of Ani
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, gees, kat, you don't mince words! Laughing

I was looking at the website to which Eddy_P linked us, and unless I missed it I cannot find anything on the background and training of Ronald Pegg. What professional studies has he undergone to understand ancient Semitic languages? What actual peer-reviewed evidence has he presented to refute all of Egyptian linguistic scholarship since the time of Champollion?

Anyone can look at a tidbit of Ani's Book of the Dead and make up something like the provided example, "The compact disk, it sits in the saddle of the protruding ledge in the side of the box." This really doesn't make since either linguistically or historically. It might make sense if it were the caption to a scene of workmen on a tomb wall, but there is no context for it in the Book of the Dead or other religious writings.

Mr. Pegg seems to lack a fundamental understanding of ancient Egypt. He and his acolytes have only one recourse: to insist that all of scholarship is wrong and only they are right. This is self-righteous and unacceptable. It's also the same tactic followed by the likes of Sitchin and Gadalla and their followers, and no one in the academic community even takes them seriously (nor do most everyday people, for that matter).

Then again, this is about time travel to ancient Egypt. Why would time travellers bring computer equipment, something for which the Egyptians would have no application? Why not bring something useful like a toaster or coffee maker? Razz

Visit my blog!
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big hole with this theory, in my opinion, is this: by the time that time travel technology is invented (if this happens), wouldn't people be using far more unimaginably advanced technology than just CDs? Laughing That site mentions specific CD ROMs from the 90s. We've moved on, even now.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But maybe it's already happened, isisinacrisis, and the government is keeping it secret. They are performing experiments to see what effect the internet and computer games on CD might have on ancient Egyptians. Razz

Visit my blog!
Osiris II
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first, when I read your reply, you gave me quite a laugh, kmt_sesh. Then I read it again, and, unfortunately, that is exactly the way these self-deluded Experts have of proving their theories, no matter how far reaching or idiotic to be the TRUTH!!
kat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kmt_Sesh wrote:

Quote:
Oh, gees, kat, you don't mince words!

I'm sorry that I was so blunt, and I do apologize. I just get frustrated by spin doctors when there is so much to find fascination with in ancient Egypt that I lose patience. Even AE folk tales and myths are more entertaining IMNSHO.
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you, kat. I myself get extremely frustrated by historical revisionists who cannot offer credible evidence of any sort, but as a Moderator I have to play nice. Twisted Evil

Visit my blog!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Homework Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: