Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Kushite Nubians - A powerful empire
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENNDO
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: kuhite rule of all of egypt Reply with quote

Ramesses II wrote:
nubia did not pre date egypt nore did there pyramids pre date ancient egyptpian pryamids,egypt influenced nubia alot more than nubia influenced egypt.nubia adopted alot of egyptian customs and gods after the egyptians accuppied nubia all the way down to the 4th cataract

I been way for awhile.
Now i agree with the others to a extent.
recent findings suggest that nubia dates back to 5000 b.c.,it's civilization starting in upper nubia.lower nubia around 3800 b.c. ,lower nubia culture called the a-group was wiped out around 2700 b.c.

IT WAS A TWO WAY street,egypt influence nubia as much as nubia influence egypt.IT IS CLEAR that upper nubia and southern nubia caught up to egypt and surpass it and outlived it.

As for how long kush ruled over egypt,it was from 732 to 662 b.c. but over all the kushite DYNASTY was from 780 b.c. to 656 b.c.

kush in 780 b.c. did not rule over all of egypt but they had control of the south or started that way and gain greater control until they ruled all of egypt.they held on to southern part of upper egypt unti 656 b.c..
KENNDO
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: kuhite rule of all of egypt Reply with quote

KENNDO wrote:
Ramesses II wrote:
nubia did not pre date egypt nore did there pyramids pre date ancient egyptpian pryamids,egypt influenced nubia alot more than nubia influenced egypt.nubia adopted alot of egyptian customs and gods after the egyptians accuppied nubia all the way down to the 4th cataract

I been way for awhile.
Now i agree with the others to a extent.
recent findings suggest that nubia dates back to 5000 b.c.,it's civilization starting in upper nubia.lower nubia around 3800 b.c. ,lower nubia culture called the a-group was wiped out around 2700 b.c.

IT WAS A TWO WAY street,egypt influence nubia as much as nubia influence egypt.IT IS CLEAR that upper nubia and southern nubia caught up to egypt and surpass it and outlived it.

As for how long kush ruled over egypt,it was from 732 to 662 b.c. but over all the kushite DYNASTY was from 780 b.c. to 656 b.c.

kush in 780 b.c. did not rule over all of egypt but they had control of the south or started that way and gain greater control until they ruled all of egypt.they held on to southern part of upper egypt unti 656 b.c..

one other thing i forgot to mention,i agree with the comments somone said about nubia remaining free from ancient egyptian rule for long period of time and a i will go further.much of egyptian rule of nubia was in lower nubia,upper nubia remain free most of egyptian history and than they rebelled from time to time.lower nubia too but less so.the only conquest egypt had over upper nubia was during the new kingdom of egypt.southern nubia however was never conquered by egypt.
KENNDO
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: kuhite rule of all of egypt Reply with quote

southern nubia held on to much of their culture since they never were conqured by egypt,upper nubia also held on to much of thier culture but less so than southern nubia during the new kingdom period of egypt.overall things became more nubianized again overall during the meriotic period and later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Nubia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: