Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speaking of Kent Weeks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seshat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Speaking of Kent Weeks Reply with quote

I'm reading the preliminary report for KV5...it's pretty cool, and it's not that expensive. (25 on amazon?) I really like reading excavation reports. It provides a lot more obsessive detail on what they found in each room than the Lost Tomb does.
Seshat
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and he does in fact mention that almost every room they found had decoration....there's even a little bit of epigraphic work on the little relief that's left.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all the descriptions of the finds. The fragments of canopic jars. Shabtis, some apparently washed into the tomb. And the line drawings of some of the scenes found.
Too bad really that the scenes are so thoroughly damaged. This must have been a truly spectacular place when it was newly finished. Most walls were decorated, apparently even the floors were painted, etc.
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photos of the wall scenes and drawn reconstructions of those scenes are especially good in this book. The way it's mapped is particularly good, and every time Weeks describes something he tells of its exact location in the tomb. Details of the engineering projects and discussions on the bones discovered were particularly interesting, too.

Great book! Very Happy

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett.
Ankhesenamun
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have this book but have not read it from cover to cover yet. I've just briefly scanned it looking for references to Chamber 5 which has been the subject of some debate between a fellow Egyptology enthusiast and myself. Anyone have any thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: