Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm going to Egypt in October!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellie-asthenia
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: I'm going to Egypt in October!!! Reply with quote

I haven't been on these forums for AGES because I've had my GCSEs and been really busy, but I thought I'd come back and tell you all I'm lucky enough to be going to Egypt for the second time in october!!!! Smile
I'm SO excited. Last time we went we where at Luxor on a Nile cruise, so I've never seen any pyramids or the Cairo museum, but ahhh! this time we will. We'll be seeing the Giza Pyramids, the Red and Bent pyramids, and the step pyramid. We'll also go to the Cairo museum which I am just ridiculously excited for!

At this point we have only booked the Villa (it has a pyramid view from the balcony omg) and the flight. I was just wondering we will still be able to book with a tour company this late won't we? And if not can we arrange where we visit when we get there?

I'll be sure to take loads of photos Very Happy

I'm abit scared though because I've recently developed a fear of planes and I'm slightly terrified Sad
but I love Egypt too much so I HAVE to go Smile
thanks for any help Smile
DaveB
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: I'm going to Egypt in October!!! Reply with quote

ellie-asthenia wrote:

At this point we have only booked the Villa (it has a pyramid view from the balcony omg) and the flight. I was just wondering we will still be able to book with a tour company this late won't we? And if not can we arrange where we visit when we get there?

We never used the tour company's. Use local taxi's and agree a price before hand, will cost you about 200-400LE for the whole day. Be sure to arrive early before the bus loads appear. You dont need to arrange anything (it's Egypt), just turn up and 1000 hustlers will help you with your every need Laughing

I'm also scared of flying, I don't think there is a cure Sad
Ankhesenamun
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a lovely time. The museum is amazing though easy to get a bit overwhelmed by. Make sure you see the Royal Mummies (there are two rooms - the one near where you pay has Ramesses II etc in but there is also another room which you should be able to get into with your ticket over at the other side of the first floor which is probably missed by a load of people since it's not really advertised)

I love the Step Pyramid. Have yet to see the Red and Bent ones yet though. The Sphinx is amazing and what can I say about the Giza Pyramids?

I'm off to spend a week in Luxor in November. While you'll be seeing loads of pyramids I shall be seeing loads of tombs.....and I mean LOADS! Three amazing days in the Valley of the Kings. Can't wait Dancing
For a fortune has no savour if one is gloomy.

Ptahhotep
Isis 2
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

Hope you have a great time, like you I have done the Nile Cruise but not Cairo, trying desperately to get there, but so many other places I want to see as well, and Hubby, is not too keen on Egypt, must be because he can hardly move in our house for Egypitan Stuff, even persuaded him to do an Egyptian Style Bathroom for me! and don't getme started on the kitchen, he is groaning already. Very Happy
ellie-asthenia
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: I'm going to Egypt in October!!! Reply with quote

thanks for the replies guys Smile

DaveB wrote:
We never used the tour company's. Use local taxi's and agree a price before hand, will cost you about 200-400LE for the whole day. Be sure to arrive early before the bus loads appear. You dont need to arrange anything (it's Egypt), just turn up and 1000 hustlers will help you with your every need Laughing

I'm also scared of flying, I don't think there is a cure Sad

haha yeah I've read quite a few places about doing that. Only thing is I'm a bit scared to do that x) When we went last time we tried to haggle a price for a taxi and it didn't go too well...
I'd also prefer to be in a tour group just to feel a bit safer. But I can see what you mean because then you can get there before everyone else so hmm. Thanks for the help though Very Happy

Ankhesenamun wrote:
I'm off to spend a week in Luxor in November. While you'll be seeing loads of pyramids I shall be seeing loads of tombs.....and I mean LOADS! Three amazing days in the Valley of the Kings. Can't wait

ohh omg have an AMAZING time! I wish I could spend three days there. Wow Smile

And do you guys now if it would be too late to still book with a company? do they have a certain time you have to do it by?
Anoukis
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ellie-asthenia !

How lucky you are to go soon to Egypt ! I neither know Cairo and the pyramids. I've only visited Southern Egypt : temples, Valley of the Kings, Abou Simbel,... What a delight it was ! I really fell in love with this country ; and my boyfriend although he's not found of Egypt liked it too.

You know, I'm afraid by planes too !!!

Have a nice trip ! Cool
Bobbie
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I am doing a second Nile Cruise with my daughter in November. Fortunately for me the friend she was going with pulled out so she invited her aged mother to come instead, lol!!!
I did the cruise a couple of years ago but would be interested to know which tombs are likely to be open in the valley of the kings? Is it possible they will have opene different ones at the moment?

Ankhesenamun
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They tend to have different tombs open at different times - probably to give the tombs a "rest" e.g. two years ago the tomb of Merenptah was closed (much to my disappointment) though six months later it was opened Very Happy . Your tour guide should be able to tell you which tombs are open and will probably recommend some e.g. one from each of the three dynasties. I think Tutankhamun's tomb was closed this May and I don't know if it's open yet. I'll be in the Valley of the Kings myself next month Shocked Very Happy so I hope it is open!

Oh and have fun! Wink

Ptahhotep
Bobbie
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I think I saw that although they intended to close Tutenkhamuns tomb this year that closure has been postponed til next year now. Razz
As I said I have been on a cruise before and visited Tut in his tomb but this will be my daughters first trip to Egypt and I would be really disappointed if she couldnt see the only pharoah who is still resting in his tomb (at least to our knowledge)
You have fun too Very Happy
ellie-asthenia
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Anoukis, and have an amazing time Bobbie Smile

Oh wow only 16 days now!!!
heres a picture from the balcony of the apartment we'll be staying in!!!:

AHHHH I SO CAN'T WAIT! Smile Smile
Rozette
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great view ellie-asthenia Razz !!!!!!!

Have a nice trip !

Rozette Smile
Ankhesenamun
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you had a great time in Egypt Ellie. I am going on Monday!

Ptahhotep
Kiya
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you have a great time, Ankhesenamun! My daughter's friend and her parents have just returned from there today. Smile
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope we all have a brilliant time, we go on Monday 10th!!! I have seen varying reports about the temperature at present and more concerning (cos I have an allergy) about the number of mossies around at the moment. Can anyone who has just come back give me any idea what the situation is at the moment.
Have fun all
Thanks
Ankhesenamun
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have only just come back. Seen over 20 tombs and six temples in one week. And some extras. Was great. Didn't bump into Dr Zahi but did see his men working between Merenptah and Tutankhamun's tombs.

Ptahhotep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Travel All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: