Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Roman Catholic Church a cult of Amun-Ra?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Mythology and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Segereh
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Alrighty then.... Reply with quote

Mandi wrote:
Is 'Thou shalt not proseltyze!' one of those additional 3 or 4 commandments they conveniently forget?

I think it's "thou shalt not vote a democrat", but I'm not quite sure.

Feel free to visit my site in construction:
-- www.enks.net --
Mandi
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: hahaha Reply with quote

Douche! You got me pegged! But seriously i think atleast in the USA it shouldn't be a commandment issued to voters but rather at parties, *both* of them. 'Thou shalt not run another lieing dishonest sleazy incompetent disfunctional theiving cheating, war mongering, (And a great many other words related to qualities of idiocy that have been found in presidents in the last oooh 50ish years or so)!' I can't speak for anywhere else the politicians are rather unknown to me but this is off subject and we would be better to focus on subject.
Meryankh
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read all the comments about this Moses-thing but I was thinking that Moses could have been that scribe Mose (Mes), at least he had a brother Ankhren. We here in Finland call Moses' brother Aaron, Aron in english?

I just had a thought that Aaron's name in egyptian is also a like..

Just wondering.. Rolling Eyes
Segereh
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meryankh wrote:

Aa-ro-n? Big Mouth of [...]?
Could well be. Razz

-- www.enks.net --
Karaum
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: The God Amen Reply with quote

I have posted a study of the God Amen elsewhere - in 4 parts -

See The God Amen Part One http://calum33.multiply.com/journal/item/14?mark_read=calum33:journal:14&replies_read=6

Part Two
http://calum33.multiply.com/journal/item/15

Part Three
http://calum33.multiply.com/journal/item/16

Part Four
http://calum33.multiply.com/journal/item/17

The Annunciation, Conception, Birth and Adoration are shown in 4 scenes engraved on a wall of King Solomon (SalimAmen III/YmnHtpIII)'s Palace in Luxor. Only difference to Lukes story (chapters one and two) is that it was the Goddess Hathor-Meri who conceived by the Holy Spirit, and the living Queen Mut who actually gave birth.

Omm Sety could not keep away from Catholic services in London in the 1920/30's. When questioned by a priest she replied that it was so much like what she remembered when in a past life she had been a priestess at the temple in Abedju. Years later she was able to tell archaeologists correctly where to dig in Abydos. She was right.

The painting on one wall of King David's tomb (YmnTwtAnkh - and quite possibly the missing Prince TwtMs) shows him as the Holy Trinity - Uasar, himself the Ever Coming Son, and his Ka. In one hand he carries an Ankh, the Cross of Life for his journey through Duat.

On his golden shrine it is written 'GOD OF ALL HEPREW' (Creations - letter W being the Egyptian plural). He was also seen as the living Iw Sah - IOSA - Ever Coming Son, and this is still the name for Jesus in Gaelic). St.Ambrose referred to Jesus many times as the Good Scarabaeus (the Scarab glyph being Hepre).
ozlibrary
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Roman Church has it's foundation from ancient religions.
If ppl would ask themselves more questions about the Bible and the crap the Church is saying to them maybe we will have the truth version of what really happend.

My 2 cents
Karaum
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozlibrary wrote:
The Roman Church has it's foundation from ancient religions.
If ppl would ask themselves more questions about the Bible and the crap the Church is saying to them maybe we will have the truth version of what really happend.

My 2 cents

Most of those ancient religions also go back to Ancient Egypt. The Sumerians/Babylonians frequently use the God name 'Asar' in the names of their kings. (Incidentally just look at Nebuchadnezzar - Neb=Lord Chd='to the North', Nessw=King.

Many biblical patriarchs were Egyptian Kings - Joshua (1 Samuel) was Djoser, Jacob was Yakob (determinatives 'Sacred' and 'Water' or 'Priest' therefore Baptist), Joshua son of Nun (Djoser Setepenre aka Horemheb aka Meryamen - Miriam), Cain - Khyan, Abel (Hebrew HBL) - Heber, Abraham - Mama'ibre aka Baion (Celtic Brian), David - Djayhwt III, Solomon - SalimAmen/YmnHtp III.

See my pages home.austarnet.com.au/calum/egypt.html for Isaac, Joseph, Nahor, Asar/Thara, and others.

Moses has to have been Akhenaten - read "The Copper Scroll of Qumran" by Robert Feather, which uses Egyptian numerals, names Akhenaten, gold in one column matches the gold found at Amarna, and much more.

Hosea 13:4 and 12:9 even tells us that the Hebrew God was Egyptian.

Jehovah - see http://wheresjesus.multiply.com/journal/item/993?mark_read=wheresjesus:journal:993&replies_read=29

The God "I Am" (Exodus 3:14) - see http://wheresjesus.multiply.com/journal/item/920?mark_read=wheresjesus:journal:920&replies_read=65

Psalm 23 - See http://wheresjesus.multiply.com/journal/item/1027?mark_read=wheresjesus:journal:1027&replies_read=3

There is much much more, but this is a start
Karaum
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meryankh wrote:
I didn't read all the comments about this Moses-thing but I was thinking that Moses could have been that scribe Mose (Mes), at least he had a brother Ankhren. We here in Finland call Moses' brother Aaron, Aron in english?

Just wondering.. Rolling Eyes

The origin of the name Aaron has two possibilities. I haven't found it in King Lists, but since Akhenaten was Moses, the likliest would be Smenkhkare. The double 'A' seems to be significant, so -
The two letters 'A' are not vowels as we know them. They are most likely to be two throat consonants. In writing they are the 'Wooden Column' glyph for the two consonant letters, a short 'Ah' sounded from the throat, followed by a Glottal Stop. In English this would sound something like a short sharp 'Ah Uh'. In Egyptian it means 'Great'. So now we have 'Ah Uh Ra On', Great is God of Annu.

However on the Golden Shrine of YmnTwtAnkh there is a cartouche which names King David as 'GOD OF ALL HEPREW' - 'GOD OF ALL CREATIONS'. In the column to the left the glyphs read HRWN MSS YY. The double Y would be read as the Egyptian plural, i.e. YW or YahWeh. So someone who could read the glyphs, yet not fully understand (e.g. MSS = MS with emphatic S) might read this column as Haron, Moses Yahweh. (Born of the Gods Yah - Al Yah - Allah).
BobManske
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is baloney, Karaum.

At one point you have Solomon = Amenhotep III and then you have Akhenaton = Moses. So figure it out, which one do you want to come first?
Your derivation of Aaron is a pseudo-etymology. As far as your text concerning Tutankamun, let's see it.

Bob

Good bye, Doug, thanks a lot, and you're welcome for all the fish. Stop by our way again.
chillie
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: i just need more proof.... Reply with quote

mmmmm..... so don't believe that the stuff in the Bible should be taken as fact, it has been altered tooooo many times, but then it is not my faith, and
I don't want to border on disrespectful.
I know that MOST Pharaohs made buidling projects that gave good paying work to lots of people and that these people lived well.
Perhaps one day we'll find proof about an entire nation of people being thrown into hereditary slavery building something (hehe not pyramins, duh), and then their god helping them escape by killing everyone's babies.... but UNTIL THEN.... I have no clue so I can't take most of western civ at face value, since these are the core beliefs.
I also thought that slaves in Egypt were captured warriors and their families, but that the children could integrate into society, and while there were plenty of slaves, no one was designated slave due to color, or, even more ridiculous, religious beliefs. I think that one was a European invention in the "age of exploration"..
Osiris II
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karaum has said:
King Solomon (SalimAmen III/YmnHtpIII)'s Palace in Luxor.
In all of my trips to Luxor, I never saw any palace of Solomon.

The painting on one wall of King David's tomb
This must be a well-kept secret. As far as I know, there has been no discovery of any tomb that could possibly be David's.

On his golden shrine it is written 'GOD OF ALL HEPREW'
Presumably, you are still referring to David. I know of no such "golden shrine".

Many biblical patriarchs were Egyptian Kings - Joshua (1 Samuel) was Djoser, Jacob was Yakob (determinatives 'Sacred' and 'Water' or 'Priest' therefore Baptist), Joshua son of Nun (Djoser Setepenre aka Horemheb aka Meryamen - Miriam), Cain - Khyan, Abel (Hebrew HBL) - Heber, Abraham - Mama'ibre aka Baion (Celtic Brian), David - Djayhwt III, Solomon - SalimAmen/YmnHtp III
No comment--I'm laughing too hard!

Moses has to have been Akhenaten - read "The Copper Scroll of Qumran" by Robert Feather, which uses Egyptian numerals, names Akhenaten, gold in one column matches the gold found at Amarna, and much more.
The Copper Scroll was one of the Dead Sea Scrolls. It contains no literary references at all, but is merely a list of possible burial sites of gold hidden from the Romans.

Most of those ancient religions also go back to Ancient Egypt. The Sumerians/Babylonians frequently use the God name 'Asar' in the names of their kings. (Incidentally just look at Nebuchadnezzar - Neb=Lord Chd='to the North', Nessw=King.
It should come as no big surprise to realize that names of rulers usually incorporate the names of gods. TOTHmes, AMENhotep, AnkhATEN...

Sorry, but your arguments are a complete distortion of simple fact.
eccles
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter_Of_SETI wrote:
cleopatra_selene wrote:
did moses actually exsist or is it just biblical "hero"?

I guess some people would say he did exsist; others would say that he didn't. Is there even any proof of Moses' exsistence outside of the Bible? Idea

Simple answer, NO

I will debunk the Bible in another post.

Rev. Robert Tobin (Minister, First Church of Atheism)
Thank "god" I am an Atheist
eccles
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter_Of_SETI wrote:
cleopatra_selene wrote:
there's the whole thing with how at the end of each prayer people go "amen" which is actually a dirivitave of the word "amun"...

There's no connection between the 'Amen' at the end of a prayer; which means so be it! and the god, Amun. The ancient Egyptians didn't record vowels, so Amun can be spelt a number of different ways (it's just an educated guess; usually it's whatever sounds better to your language or dialect):
Arrow Amen
Arrow Amun
Arrow Imen
Arrow Imun
Neither are more - or less - correct than each other. Usually 'Amun' is written as begining with an 'a' because it looks better, but the name 'Amun' in fact begins with the reed hieroglyph, so I think it's more likely an 'i' sound; rather than an 'a.' Imn means to hide (or something like that) in ancient Egyptian; the god's name Amun is derived from this, meaning something like 'The Hidden One,' I think. The point being, that people wouldn't see so much of a connection between 'Amen' at the end of prayer and the god Imun.

I shall have to disagree here. Amen does come from Amun/Amen. Christianiity stole much from Egyptology. I am a bedraggled refugee from the "Holy" Roman Catholic Church and am researching its foundations.

Rev. Robert Tobin (Minister, First Church of Atheism)
Thank "god" I am an Atheist
Segereh
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eccles wrote:
Amen does come from Amun/Amen.
Christianiity stole much from Egyptology.

Regarding the fact that Egyptology is hardly about 200 years old (which can be debated on),
and Christianity about 10 times older... I'd think you'd better rephrase that. Confused

eccles wrote:
I am a bedraggled refugee from the "Holy" Roman Catholic Church and am researching its foundations.

Oh Jolly.

-- www.enks.net --
kylejustin
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesnt sound too intelligent quoting someone saying "we dont know how the god's name 'amun' was said" and then saying it is the same thing christians say in church!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Mythology and Religion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: