Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm goin' to egypt...............
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yasmeen
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire wrote:
Smile Hey do you think the prices for going to egypt have dropped too?

hehehe thats funny Laughing
Setithefirst
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isisinacrisis wrote:

Everyone I know in real life-my friends, my mum's boss and work colleagues, has either been or is going to Egypt, except me, the one who's most interested in going!!! I want to do a tour that encompasses everything-not just Luxor, Karnak, the Valley of the Kings and a Nile cruise but also Cairo and the pyramids, and some of the other temples (which my mum has never heard of-I told her they were worth seeing and she said 'meh, I dunno') and so on...is there a UK based tour company that organises such a trip?

Hi ya my friend. We are going with Kuoni again this year. We have used this Company for the 3 times that we've been to Egypt and have found them very good. They have arranged everything you said you would like to do, but at a price. We are staying at The Mena House Oberoi Hotel (next to the Pyramids) for 3 nights then we fly to Abu Simbel to get on The MV Nubian Sea for 3 nights on Lake Nasser to visit all the sites in that area then we coach (ugh!) from Aswan to Luxor for 7 nights on the MV Darakum cruising the Nile. We will visit all the sites and temples on route including the Valley of the Kings and The Valley of the Queens, the Colosus of Memnon et al. But, the price for this dream is 1600 per person. A little more than the $950 quoted elswehere. Still, it is worth every penny and I am afraid (unless the lottery fairy smiles on me) that it will be my last visit to this wonderful country. I ain't getting any younger. Sob! Sob!
I will post plenty of pictures when I return, although as we are a party of 4 there may be one or two 'snaps' among them.
Cheers
Setithefirst
chillie
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osiris II wrote:
I stayed at the Old Cateract, Lotus MoonRaven. Just kind of "crashed" and rested up a bit. The Old Cateract didn't have a pool, but there was one next door at the New Cateract. Just laid by the pool and read for 5 days! The only bad part--the flies about drove me nuts! Mad

apple cider vinegar works well if you're into organic stuff. You don't know flies until you work in a stable! Big, nasty stinging flies at that!
I sprayed it on the horses, myself if i'm riding in the heat, and i put it on my dogs too.
chillie
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you travel to Egypt are you confined by having to be in a tour group or can you go your own way?
DaveB
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of last month you can pritty much go anywhere you want with anyone you want...I imagine this will last until the next big incident.

Try and avoid the tour groups, head about about mid-day when they are hiding from the sun Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Travel All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: