Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Study/un

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marielouise
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Study/un Reply with quote

Has anyone got any infomation that they think I maybe able to use or websites/books occasion5 that would be good Im starting at manchester uni in sept on a Certificate in Egyptology
Idea
The programme as a whole will be spread over three years and will cover specific areas as follows:

Year 1 - Pre-dynastic times to the Hyksos Period
Year 2 - From the beginning of the New Kingdom to the establishment of Dynasty 19
Year 3 - From the later New Kingdom to the Arab Conquest

The study of hieroglyphs will form an integral part of the course.

the history and civilisation of Ancient Egypt from c3100 BC to the Arab conquest including art, religion, funerary beliefs and literature;
the source material available to Egyptologists including historical texts, excavations and museum collections;
the history of the interpretation of hieroglyphs and sufficient knowledge to enable the translation of simple texts.
marielouise
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Study/un Reply with quote

marielouise wrote:
Has anyone got any infomation that they think I maybe able to use or websites/books occasion5 that would be good Im starting at manchester uni in sept on a Certificate in Egyptology
Idea
The programme as a whole will be spread over three years and will cover specific areas as follows:

Year 1 - Pre-dynastic times to the Hyksos Period
Year 2 - From the beginning of the New Kingdom to the establishment of Dynasty 19
Year 3 - From the later New Kingdom to the Arab Conquest

The study of hieroglyphs will form an integral part of the course.

Please help

the history and civilisation of Ancient Egypt from c3100 BC to the Arab conquest including art, religion, funerary beliefs and literature;
the source material available to Egyptologists including historical texts, excavations and museum collections;
the history of the interpretation of hieroglyphs and sufficient knowledge to enable the translation of simple texts.
Segereh
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think no reply has come yet, Marie-Louise, because of the somewhat general nature of your question.
Maybe it's a good idea to refer you to our Book Corner at the forum here.
And good websites: well, they're pretty much all over the forum. Confused

Feel free to visit my site in construction:
-- www.enks.net --
marielouise
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for that i will try posting there pharaohok I've not had any info from the uni yet but just wanted to get some books ect to start me off before sept
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Homework Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: