Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tut tut tut!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hatshepsu
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha no no anneke your IQ isnt all gone.. actually it might be higher.. since my theory is the adults in the school steal some of our IQ and hide it away.. because i can tell you.. they dont use it! lol sorry .. my teachers are tards. Yeah im in school again.. in the morning.. i dont know why but my intelligence level goes down.. but ohwell!! Smile the canadian school system is crap.. but im happy i can still choose my subjects.. perhaps i will be smarter in school today.. since i read some egyptian stuff! Oh yeah and i figured out what happened to tut... it was an untrained person who killed him.. thats right.. or a teacher.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Hat.
(Your posts cheered me up yesterday, and I needed it!)

Do you think Ankhesenamun was killed too?

I think that her letter (and I think it was hers) to the foreign King, offering the throne to one of his sons, was treason.
I think she met a "sticky" end.

No one knows where she's even supposed to be buried right?

I know that for some of her (much) younger sisters, they have found deposits referring to "a robing room". I think they deduced from this that at least Neferure was buried in Amarna at some point.

If Anchesenamun died a natural death, she should have been buried in either the valley of the kings or the valley of the queens. There are of curse a lot of burial there with no name attached.

Now that would be an interesting discovery!
Hatshepsu
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile np Very Happy

I think that one of them commited suicide.. as would i.. i cant remmber why i thought this or who it was.. hmmm.. lol man there is SUCH a connection between all these peoople!
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a website which gives a good overview of the history of Ankhesenamun, and possible scenarios
http://www.angelfire.com/ne2/TiaDuat/sunset.html
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also the issue of a King Niqmad of Ugarit, who is shown on a marriage vase with an Egyptian queen.

Pharaohs were known to refuse requests from foreign kings to marry their sisters and daughters.

I believe Dr. Bigelow has presented the theory that King Niqmad married an Amarna princess. I wonder if Ankhesenamun was sent abroad, or even escaped abroad.

I think I would have moved to another country if I were her!

BTW I searched on the internet, but couldn't find a photograph of this marriage vase. I know I have seen it somewhere....
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally found this reference about Tut's bad health:

Quote:
The original X-rays, for the first time on public display at London's Science Museum, show an abnormal curvature of the spine and fusion of the upper vertebrae, a condition associated with scoliosis and a rare disorder called Klippel-Feil syndrome, which makes sufferers look as if they have a short neck.

Moreover, people with Klippel-Feil have restricted movement of the upper spine and cannot turn their heads without moving the entire torso.

According to Salt Lake City chief medical examiner Todd Grey, King Tut may have needed a cane to support himself or to help with walking. About 130 walking sticks found among his fabulous treasure would support the theory.

from http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20020930/kingtut.html
Neith
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most interesting idea that was brought out in Brier's book was that Tut was killed just as he was attaining adulthood (by our definition anyway, don't know when the Egyptians considered someone all grown up.) The fact that he was old enough to start making his own decisions makes some interesting speculations about motive. If he was starting to make his own decisions, and his advisors didn't like that much . . .
Sesen
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/14/tech/main593214.shtml
Interesting snipit here, tells of the preserved lion found in Maia's tomb.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sesen wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/14/tech/main593214.shtml
Interesting snipit here, tells of the preserved lion found in Maia's tomb.

It also mentions that it is not thought to go with Maia's burial though.

It seems as though there were intrusive burials in Maia's tomb at a later time.
I still have never heard if Maia was buried there alone initially, or if maybe a husband and/or children were buried there as well.

I wonder what family she came from, to get such a high position at court?
zampeada
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete Vanderzwet wrote:
A large blow to the head does not immediately imply murder.

In fact, IIRC, more recent translations of that evidence indicate that the damage was done during or after mummification.

agree.
ZericsKirog
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Tut tut tut!! Reply with quote

Yes Tut was murder. Most think it was AY killed him then stolen his wife and kill her again. I think Ay did jealous at him. I guess. Cuz I believe that Ay was killed him. How I know? I saw his Tomb almost same Tut's tomb. Shocked I do not know why killed to Tut for reason.
My Egyptian Blog:
http://amberhorner.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: