Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoferhotep wrote:
Toth wrote:
Ranoferhotep wrote:
Hi NefertariMut, glad to see you back and hope all is well. My cold is practically gone, and hope it stays away. The Vicks Rub is also known here.

@ Toth, you have an early flu virus than, here I have no knowledge of the flu being around. I have had anti-flu injection, so normally I can’t get that any more (I hope)

Yup, Ranoferhotep; I may have had an early virus, but it was a real bugger (in fact it still is when sneezing Wink ) I let my body sole that kind of problems on its own, keeps the resistance up Laughing I don't trust those vaccinations

Richard, aka

As you know I’ve chronicle bronchitis, which reduces my natural resistance, so a vaccination against the flu, is for me necessary

I gave you only my thoughts on the subject, no one is forcing you to do the same (in your condition... better not)

Toth
[i][b][color=#0080FF]Toth[/color][/b][/i]
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I used to have chronic bronchitis, until I figured out that I am actually allergic to dairy. In particular I am allergic to the form of caseinate (protein) found in cow's milk.

I can eat some goat and sheep cheese (in moderation) but any cow milk, cheese, butter, cream etc and I get bronchitis and what feels like an asthma attack.

I know we are all different but there are apparently a lot of people with undiagnosed dairy allergies. So I wanted to share that.

In the last year I have had no bad colds, no sinus infections. No need for antibiotics, inhalers etc. It's pretty remarkable really.
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anneke wrote:
Hmmm I used to have chronic bronchitis, until I figured out that I am actually allergic to dairy. In particular I am allergic to the form of caseinate (protein) found in cow's milk.

I can eat some goat and sheep cheese (in moderation) but any cow milk, cheese, butter, cream etc and I get bronchitis and what feels like an asthma attack.

I know we are all different but there are apparently a lot of people with undiagnosed dairy allergies. So I wanted to share that.

In the last year I have had no bad colds, no sinus infections. No need for antibiotics, inhalers etc. It's pretty remarkable really.

Thank you Anneke, this is valuable enough to do a little experimenting with to see if we can achieve the same results. I know milk can cause a lot of things, however despite what doctors say we do need the lactose. Some of us have to drink it or become constipated, or swap one bad with another

Richard, aka
NefertariMut
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Toth...Airborne is pretty new. It's not made by the same company as Vicks, it was actually created by a teacher with the assistance of a doctor. I've used it for the past 5 years and so far, I haven't had the flu or bronchitis since. I've never taken the vaccinations so I rely on Vicks, Airborne and a daily dose of Vitamin D. If you can try Airborne, you should. It's really good!

@Ranoferhotep...glad to hear from you. The flu has already started over here so if you can try to avoid it, I hope that you do.
NefertariMut
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Toth...Airborne is pretty new. It's not made by the same company as Vicks, it was actually created by a teacher with the assistance of a doctor. I've used it for the past 5 years when I feel a cold coming on and so far, I haven't had the flu or bronchitis since. I've never taken the vaccinations so I rely on Vicks, Airborne and a daily dose of Vitamin D. If you can try Airborne, you should. It's really good!

@Ranoferhotep...glad to hear from you. The flu has already started over here so if you can try to avoid it, I hope that you do.
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you NefertariMut. As far as I know Iíve no allergies of any kind, but itís something I will mention to my doctor the next time, you never know. Now I must admit Iím quite a serious smoker, currently following a program to quit. Before my 20th Iíve never had problems with bronchitis, problems began when working in a factory where I was warehouse keeper in a freezer at -22įC (-7.6 F) and staying to long in the freezer. Apparently Iíve got ďfreeze lungsĒ thatís the same like alpinists can develop when staying to long on great heights and in the cold. Itís an irreversible condition with no actual cure. Finally I had to quit that job, but the damage had already been done.

In any case, about two weeks from now I should be rid of my smoking addiction, and to play safe Iíve got my vaccination against the flu. For people with low resistance (like me) itís recommendable, bronchitis combined with the flu can lead to pneumonia, and in my case there are not that many antibiotics that can help.

I know this is quite some personal information, but read it as a warning, when I was 20 I didnít want to listen to my doctor, was making too much money on that job, loved doing it also, but didnít think at the consequences which would affect my life in later days.
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Thoth- its hard both of them but im always have been open to trying to master hard things

yes i hate it, like u said i hate it more when im trying to sleep r u getting any better?

@Ranoferhotep
yup i agree r u feeling any better?
yes i did i like a challenge though i can be competitive hahaha

@NefertariMut- really wow thats cool
yes japanese is hard they have two words to say hello one for in person and the other for over the phone its confusing
really u are? is it getting any easier?
Princess
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello nice to meet you, Welcome!
Im new here too and would love to chat to anyone who would like to. Smile
Just send me a pm or whatnot
Queen-Seknofret
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Princess i would love to chat ^.^ so whos is ur favorite queen or pharaoh?
Princess
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Queen-Seknofret!

I really like Nefertiti Very Happy

But overall i'm really intrigued in learning about all Pharaohs and Queens
Smile

How about you?
Queen-Seknofret
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Princess i would have to say Nefertari and Nefertiti ooo and Queen Tiye hahahah really i just love ancient egypt ^.^ i've loved it since i can remember
Princess
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too Smile
Its extremely fascinating! <3
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NefertariMut wrote:
@Toth...Airborne is pretty new. It's not made by the same company as Vicks, it was actually created by a teacher with the assistance of a doctor. I've used it for the past 5 years when I feel a cold coming on and so far, I haven't had the flu or bronchitis since. I've never taken the vaccinations so I rely on Vicks, Airborne and a daily dose of Vitamin D. If you can try Airborne, you should. It's really good!

@NefertariMut, I will keep my eyes open for "Airborne", but we will probably see it (If we will see it at all) in 5 years or so... Future will tell! I will kaap your "recipe for beating the flue" in mind though

@Ranoferhotep, yes when we are young we think we are invulnerable, only to learn at a later age we weren't. Keep a close eye on your current condition and don't let it worsen!!!

@all in "The States" have a good Veterans Day!
Toth
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction: kaap = keep, sorry; got to get that cup of coffee

Richard, aka
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Toth, finally got rid of my cold, but since the weather is turning bad, Iím afraid Iím getting a new one. Almost everyone I know has one, and even I donít go out (except solicitations and for groceries,) I canít forbid people to visit me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: