Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bringing Back The Antiquities
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calypsos wrote:
I also want to add to my statement about repatriation of all the egyptian antiquities.

If it wasn't for a possible revolution, what about natural disasters and fire...The Alexandrian library may have sound like a fine idea, but look at what happened and all that was lost when it burned.

There is no reason to move things from other countries to house them back in Egypt if they have been taking care of them properly all this time.

Well the GEM is designed to withstand, natural disasters and conflicts of war. Question is, when will it be finished? And who’s constructing it?
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoferhotep wrote:
Calypsos wrote:
I also want to add to my statement about repatriation of all the egyptian antiquities.

If it wasn't for a possible revolution, what about natural disasters and fire...The Alexandrian library may have sound like a fine idea, but look at what happened and all that was lost when it burned.

There is no reason to move things from other countries to house them back in Egypt if they have been taking care of them properly all this time.

Well the GEM is designed to withstand, natural disasters and conflicts of war. Question is, when will it be finished? And who’s constructing it?

May I remind you that so was the Titanic (made to withstand icebergs) yet it sunk on the first encounter with one...)
[i][b][color=#0080FF]Toth[/color][/b][/i]
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toth wrote:
Ranoferhotep wrote:
Calypsos wrote:

May I remind you that so was the Titanic (made to withstand icebergs) yet it sunk on the first encounter with one...)

Well let’s hope they do a better job. I don’t think Icebergs will be a problem in Egypt, but one never know
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoferhotep wrote:
Toth wrote:
Ranoferhotep wrote:
Calypsos wrote:

Well let’s hope they do a better job. I don’t think Icebergs will be a problem in Egypt, but one never know

I agree with "iceberg part", but how about earthquakes? It seems that Egypt is a "danger area in that matter", at least reading some stories about historic sites it seems that way.
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toth wrote:
Ranoferhotep wrote:
Toth wrote:
Ranoferhotep wrote:
Calypsos wrote:

I agree with "iceberg part", but how about earthquakes? It seems that Egypt is a "danger area in that matter", at least reading some stories about historic sites it seems that way.

The GEM is designed to withstand earthquakes and even nuclear attacks….the last I have my doubts about. And flooding… If the Aswan Dam ever breaks, the whole country would be flooded, whipping away everything and anything under its path. My conclusion, finally the A.E. artifacts, treasures… will in time be lost forever.
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranoferhotep wrote:
Toth wrote:
Ranoferhotep wrote:
Toth wrote:
Ranoferhotep wrote:
Calypsos wrote:

The GEM is designed to withstand earthquakes and even nuclear attacks….the last I have my doubts about. And flooding… If the Aswan Dam ever breaks, the whole country would be flooded, whipping away everything and anything under its path. My conclusion, finally the A.E. artifacts, treasures… will in time be lost forever.

And on top of all that disaster the GEM will be floating Idea Idea like a modern Noah's ark???
Ranoferhotep
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toth wrote:
Ranoferhotep wrote:
Toth wrote:
Ranoferhotep wrote:
Toth wrote:
Ranoferhotep wrote:
Calypsos wrote:

And on top of all that disaster the GEM will be floating Idea Idea like a modern Noah's ark???

According to my information, the GEM isn’t designed for that. Floating I mean. Dam building is one thing, maintaining them is another. One can try to control water, the A.E. did…with respect, modern mankind think they can….with no respect
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: