Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do YOU pronounce Tutankhamun?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herper
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would hate to be the one cleaning up all the Pharaoh snacks that get thrown near the Royal Flatscreen during those shows! Imagne the arguments over the remote??
Naunacht
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

herper wrote:
would hate to be the one cleaning up all the Pharaoh snacks that get thrown near the Royal Flatscreen during those shows! Imagne the arguments over the remote??

As far as cleanup goes----there's a shabti for that.

As for the arguments over the remote--well that's one of the reasons Osiris does not like modern technology. What can he do though when he's responsible for supervising a bunch of royal egomaniacs who are gods in their own right for all eternity.

I kind of feel sorry for Osiris. Imagine having to be the referee when Thutmose III and Ramses II go at it over battle tactics at Megiddo after they've had a few drinks.

Thutmose III: Man, I can't believe you bought that story from those Hittite spies.

Ramses II: Well soooorrrryyyy. I was up against the entire Hittite Empire. Iron weapons. Three man chariots. You were fighting against a bunch of glorified Asiatic warlords who were more likely to stab each other in the back as fight you. My personal heroism saved the day.

Thutmose III: Yeah, well if you hadn't been such a sucker you wouldn't have been ambushed in the first place.

Osiris: Alright you two warrior kings. You've been fighting about this battle ever since Ramses arrived here. Time to go home and sleep it off.

You know, this could be a fun fantasy story. Or the plot for a sit-com.

P.S. Moderators, I promise I'll stop. I've kind of gotten out of control here. Sometimes I can't help myself.
Sothis
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is so entertaining you should honestly publish your stories in KMT or Ancient Egypt Magazine, then you can write as much as you like.
And as the egomaniacs never die it is ideal "to be continued"-stuff......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: