Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Implications of DNA results + KV55=Akhenaten
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kylejustin
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dk,

i have emailed you some threads concerning the amarna period. hopefully you will read them, and they may explain the way some of the posters think on some of the threads lately. i have done my best to find ones that mention the studies done on the kv 55 mummy. i have also found as many as i can where neseret has contributed, as she always gives sources for her information and her posts are very clear to understand, not muddled as mine can be. Laughing
dkessler
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I've decided to come clean on one point. Although I believe it is quite plausible that Nefertiti committed adultery - I don't think it was with her father. (Actually the DNA at locus D13S317) rules out this possibility)

In fact even in my book the papyrus manuscript that suggests that she did..."

Ah... no spoilers. Let's just say like that song about the marine: things are never quite the way they seem.
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkessler wrote:
I don't know if I'm supposed to mention the book's title as it might be construed as advertising.
Mentioning the title is ok. Including a link to a place where your own product can be bought is not ok as that is considered as spam. If you like, create a signature and put info about your book there. Just don't include a link where you can directly buy the book. I'm quite happy for you to link to a site that describes the book, reviews it, etc, just not directly to a site where you can add it to a cart and make a purchase.

It is ok for somebody else to recommend a book they have read and include a link to a site where it can be bought, as a courtesy to other members, as long as it isn't done purely to promote a product or to earn affiliate commissions.

Quite simply: You cannot promote your own product for commercial gain. You cannot promote somebody else's product for commercial gain. You can make recommendations on somebody else's products (related to the topic at hand) as a courtesy to members.

If you are unsure about something you want to post then please pm me for clarification.
dkessler
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
Mentioning the title is ok. Including a link to a place where your own product can be bought is not ok as that is considered as spam. If you like, create a signature and put info about your book there. Just don't include a link where you can directly buy the book. I'm quite happy for you to link to a site that describes the book, reviews it, etc, just not directly to a site where you can add it to a cart and make a purchase.

Thanks. The book is described in my website: www.davidkesslerauthor.com. It cannot be purchased there.

I'm not sure how to create a signature, but the book's title is The Moses Legacy and it was published under the pen name "Adam Palmer". It has been reviewed in reader sites like Goodreads and LibraryThing.
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkessler wrote:
I'm not sure how to create a signature
Go to the top of the page. There is a link that says 'profile' (along with FAQ, Search, Memberlist, etc). Click on the 'profile' link and you are taken to a page where you can edit your details, including adding a signature which will appear on every post you make.
dkessler
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
Go to the top of the page. There is a link that says 'profile' (along with FAQ, Search, Memberlist, etc). Click on the 'profile' link and you are taken to a page where you can edit your details, including adding a signature which will appear on every post you make.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: