Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ancient egyptian artefact?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gusur
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: ancient egyptian artefact? Reply with quote

my friend showed me pictures of this piece that his uncle owns. the uncle claims it's actually from ancient egypt (something like a postmark/stamp?) and perhaps unearthed in a tomb/pyramid. we were wondering if there's any substance to his story based on these pictures or whether he's just having us on. any help you can offer (maybe even pointing me to a better part of the forum, if this one isnt right) would be great. thanks in advance.

(ignore the cheap plastic thing attached to it, the uncle's a bit kooky like that. but based on the colour/markings/decay.. does this look like something authentic?)
Robson
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently fake. On one side is inscribed with almost Thutmose III's thone-name, and onte other side can be read almost Seti I's throne-name. The titulature is also wrongly written.
EgyptianRose
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if the hieroglyphs were to make sense and to be correct, it is extremely hard to have in your hands a real Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic artefact.

My apologies in advance for Uncle Laughing
It is of course the hieght of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers!

Quote 'Amarna Sunset' by Aidan Dodson.
Styler78
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Robson, a fake.

http://styler78hatshepsutproject.blogspot.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: