Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the royal cache- a re examination by hawass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kylejustin
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: the royal cache- a re examination by hawass Reply with quote

has anyone read this book? is it work getting?

the royal cache TT320 a re examination by zahi hawass, edited by erhart graefe and galine belova.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: the royal cache- a re examination by hawass Reply with quote

kylejustin wrote:
has anyone read this book? is it work getting?

the royal cache TT320 a re examination by zahi hawass, edited by erhart graefe and galine belova.

The book is not "by Hawass" ( thanks to Amun Cool ). He - or better one of his subordinates? - has just written obligatory the meaningless Preface.

The Royal Cache TT 320 – A Re-Examination

Edited by Erhart Graefe and Galina Belova

Preface by Zahi Hawass

With chapters by Dylan Bickerstaffe (1), Erhart Graefe (2), Edward Loring (3), Erhart Graefe and Galina Belova (4), Ashraf Senoussi (5), plans by Nadejda Reshetnikova, photographs by Erhart Graefe, George Johnson, and Brent Benjamin, drawings by Anke Ilona Blöbaum, Alexej Krol, Sonia Alexandra Guss, and Ashraf Senoussi and a contribution by Birgit Schlick-Nolte and Rainer Werthmann, English translation of chapters 2 and 4 by Marianne Eaton-Krauss

Cairo : SCA press, 2010. - 228 p., 145 plates

is the official report about the work of an German - Russian Mission in TT 320 from the years 1998 - 2006. I would describe it as "Bible for DB 320". Apart from the results of the re-examination, it contains the essentials of information on the history of DB 320:

I bought it in Cairo, for 150, - L.E. (= 20, - €).

The Data-Base of the Project : Datenbanken des Instituts für Ägyptologie und Koptologie der Westfälischen Wilhelms-Universität Münster - Objekte aus der Cachette 1998-2005 (und in Museen seit dem 19. Jhdt.).

The Preliminary Reports...

Erhart Graefe :

Vorbericht über die erste Kampagne einer Nachuntersuchung der königlichen Cachette TT 320 von Deir el Bahri. - In: Mitteilungen des Deutschen Archäologischen Instituts, Abteilung Kairo - MDAIK - 56. - 2000. - pp. 215 - 221.

La cachette royale de Deir al-Bahari 1998, 2003, 2004, 2005. - In: Egypte, Afrique et Orient - 38. - 2005. - pp. 7 - 12.

"Der Hügel (qay) der Inhapi, der der Heilige Ort ist, in dem Amenhotep ruht". - In: Mitteilungen des Deutschen Archäologischen Instituts, Abteilung Kairo - MDAIK - 61. - 2005. - pp. 207 - 209.

The royal cache TT 320: new investigations 1998, 2003 and 2004. - In: Annales du Service des Antiquités de l'Egypte - ASAE - 80. - 2006. - pp. 207 - 220.

Greetings, Lutz.
kylejustin
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks lutz, i will keep it on the list Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: