Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with 6th dynasty relations with Nubia: Sources

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Mak
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Help with 6th dynasty relations with Nubia: Sources Reply with quote

Hey, I'm writing a paper on Egypt's relations with Nubia during the 6th dynasty, however I know little about this topic. Could anyone suggest any sources I could potentially look into for such a topic?

So far I have:
Harkhuf, Sabny and Pepinakhte 's accounts of their expeditions to Nubia. I'm more interested in post-Harkhuf's account since I'm hoping to identify a trend of more hostile relations since his time, but i'll be glad to get any potential help with this subject.

Thankyou.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxana Flammini : ANCIENT CORE-PERIPHERY INTERACTIONS - LOWER NUBIA DURING MK EGYPT (CA. 2050-1640 B.C.). - In: Journal of World-Systems Research - 14-1. - 2008. - 50-74.

The article is about the relations in the time of the Middle Kingdom, but maybe the 6 pages of "REFERENCES" at the end could be helpful?

Greetings, Lutz.
neseret
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly of some help:

Bell, L. D. 1976. Interpreters and Egyptianized Nubians in Ancient Egyptian Foreign Policy: Aspects of the History of Egypt and Nubia. Ph.D. Dissertation (Unpublished). Oriental Studies. University of Pennsylvania. (Available through Proquest)

Celenko, T., Ed. 1996. Egypt in Africa. Indianapolis: Indianapolis Museum of Art/Indiana University Press. (in specific, see:

Wegner, J. W. 1996. Interaction between the Nubian A-Group and Predynastic Egypt: The Significance of the Qustul Incense Burner. In T. Celenko, Ed., Egypt in Africa: 98-100. Indianapolis: Indianapolis Museum of Art/Indiana University Press. )

O'Connor, D. 1993. Ancient Nubia: Egypt's Rival in Africa. Philadelphia: University Museum/University of Pennsylvania.

HTH.

Doctoral Candidate
Oriental Institute
Oriental Studies
Doctoral Programme [Egyptology]
Oxford University
Oxford, United Kingdom
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition, perhaps even...

Bruce Trigger : Nubia under the Pharaohs. - London : Thames and Hudson, 1976. - 216 p., 7 maps, 19 plans, 26 fig., 1 table, 74 ill. on 32 pl. - [Ancient Peoples and Places - 85],

especially chapter four.

Greetings, Lutz.
J-Mak
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These all look very promising. I think I better cancel my weekend plans to go through all of these.

Thanks guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Homework Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: