Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Cleopatra on tv and the big screen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: New Cleopatra on tv and the big screen? Reply with quote

NBC announced they will produce an "epic romance" about Cleopatra.
This article ask Who should play the Queen?

Sony Pictures is planning to make a movie about Cleopatra with Angelina Jolie in the starring role. The director was at first going to be David Fincher (“Fight Club”), but he dropped out and the studio is negotiating with Ang Lee (“The Hulk”)

http://www.examiner.com/article/david-fincher-leaves-cleopatra-but-ang-lee-steps-in
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's more about the NBC series. A pilot has been ordered.

Quote:
One of history's most powerful women is likely coming to television next season, with Deadline reporting that NBC has ordered a put pilot for "Cleopatra" from writer-producer Michael Seitzman.

A put pilot order all but guarantees the project will make it to air, as the network would have to pay hefty penalty fees if it was left on the shelf. According to Deadline, the series is being described as "an epic romance set in a world of sorcery, gods and monsters that centers on Cleopatra, Mark Antony and Julius Caesar. The young queen makes a sacred pact with a goddess to win back her throne, igniting a curse and an infamous love triangle that changes the course of history, forever ending the 4,000 year dominion of the Pharaoh."

From the Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/11/cleopatra-nbc-pilot_n_1768660.html?ir=TV
kylejustin
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be really good if showtime of hbo were the ones producing it. true blood and the tudors are really good, and if done in the same vein, it's a guaranteed success.
egyla
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: New Cleopatra on tv and the big screen? Reply with quote

anneke wrote:

Sony Pictures is planning to make a movie about Cleopatra with Angelina Jolie in the starring role. The director was at first going to be David Fincher (“Fight Club”), but he dropped out and the studio is negotiating with Ang Lee (“The Hulk”)

I'm not a huge fan of Angelina Jolie's but my husband is, I even went to the print shop for his last birthday to have a full size poster of her printed for his atelier. But judging from her looks, I think she is a good choice to play the part. Nobody can compete with Elizabeth Taylor anyways!
kylejustin wrote:
would be really good if showtime of hbo were the ones producing it. true blood and the tudors are really good, and if done in the same vein, it's a guaranteed success.

I agree with you! The Tudors still is my favourite TV show. They're paying much attention to all the details in HBO shows, the decor is really realistic, much better as the Borgias for example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: