Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Queen Isetnofret - who were her parents?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kylejustin
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
Jej, Juja, Tuja, Teje and Ti, Aanen und Aja, Nefertiti and Nefertari are not similar sounding names? On that it occurs to me nothing anymore...

maybe in german they do. but those are not the spellings used in english. tuya and tiye do not sound alike. neither does ay or anen. yuya and it's variants may resemble ay, but certainly not in english. 'nefer' is a common part of a name, so i think it is safe to to say that nefertiti and nefertari are separate names, perhaps being dimunitives of another name.

of course maybe spoken in ancient egyptian they are similar in sound.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylejustin wrote:
... maybe spoken in ancient egyptian they are similar in sound.

And what do you think I am talking about? Not only maybe ... as a short look in Ranke : Die Ägyptischen Personennamen I-III (1935) proofs.

Lutz
SidneyF
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylejustin wrote:
Lutz wrote:
Jej, Juja, Tuja, Teje and Ti, Aanen und Aja, Nefertiti and Nefertari are not similar sounding names? On that it occurs to me nothing anymore...

maybe in german they do. but those are not the spellings used in english. tuya and tiye do not sound alike. neither does ay or anen. yuya and it's variants may resemble ay, but certainly not in english. 'nefer' is a common part of a name, so i think it is safe to to say that nefertiti and nefertari are separate names, perhaps being dimunitives of another name.

of course maybe spoken in ancient egyptian they are similar in sound.

Some, yes, but all those names, except Aanen [although God knows what his name is all about] and Nefertiti and Nefertari are similar because they mean nothing in the Egyptian language. They are either nicknames or foreign ones. A formal Egyptian name is supposed to be a complete phrase.
Robson
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylejustin wrote:

i wonder if they would do some research at akhmin to discover some of this evidence? i know the temple is in ruins compared to others, but surely there are tombs or such that might reveal some answers there?

Indeed! There are hundreds of rock tombs in El-Hawawish (cemetery of Akhmim) still to be investigated.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robson wrote:
Indeed! There are hundreds of rock tombs in El-Hawawish (cemetery of Akhmim) still to be investigated.

But also strong looted and vandalized during the 19th and early 20th Century...

Greetings, Lutz.
Robson
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:

Lutz

Maybe some of these names are variations of jwj and jj (come and go), including nfrtjtj (the beauty arrived), possibly connected with a foreign origin, but it can be also associated to their (Yuya's and Ay's) function and royal envoys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: