Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hairdressing assignment....ERMERGEWD O.O

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunnie_Gore
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Hairdressing assignment....ERMERGEWD O.O Reply with quote

Okies with my assignment i had to choose a pre 21st century time period and demostrate knowledge of the histroy of hair design.

I choose :

Ancient Egyptain 300BC-AD200
and two other which are pretty easy but i'll list em anyway
19th century and 20th century....

i has to
1.) inclued two hairstyles for the time period selected...

I only found wigs O.O and shaving heads.. X.X...

2.) Describe styling technques and construction of the hairstyle...

YEa well no luck here.. i could try guess but i wanna try get the true stuffs before i just shove myself in the fry pot O.,O

3.)Describe hair carinmg techniques

Such as how 19th cetury no Woman washed their hair everyday.... instead used specail oils.. uyea but i has again no luck Sad

4.)and transfer all this info into a 100-150 word essay PER time period which i can do easyily.. just use lots buts and is a to ect XD since those words count Very Happy....

I have to have pics for each style.....
and also explain how this has influenced modern day hairdressing ... :3 ( this is only element one of hte assignement XD)

Element 2 of assignment is a cultral one and i can do thats :3 its just that one area i can't get... every thing else is easy peasy :3

Bunnie_Gore
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH and i forgot i need to know where the info you give me is from as i need to put it in a biblography thingy :3 TY Very Happy
waenre
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunnie_Gore wrote:
OH and i forgot i need to know where the info you give me is from as i need to put it in a biblography thingy :3 TY Very Happy

Try googling the following:

ancient egyptian hairstyles women and techniques

hair care for ancient egyptian hairstyles women hair

I got thousands of hits with the above.

Paste the following into your browser for more informatiton.

http://www.sooperarticles.com/health-fitness-articles/hair-care-articles/ancient-egyptian-hair-dressing-18030.html

You should be able to get enough information for your paper. You could probably think of other phrases to google and see what results you get.

Good luck!

waenre
ShayneThill
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they offer women hair wigs?
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShayneThill wrote:
Do they offer women hair wigs?

If you want to ask if they were made of human hair, so this is the case for the vast majority of the known objects. Both, women and men, wore wigs or hairpieces. They were an important accessoir very early in and throughout the whole Egyptian history.

As an expert for wigs and hair art in ancient Egypt is Joann Fletcher known. She has written several articles and individual contributions in monographs, for example A Tale of Hair, Wigs and Lice. - In: Egyptian Archaeology - EA - The Bulletin of the Egypt Exploration Society 5. - 1994. - pp. 31 - 33 or a chapter in Gillian Vogelsang-Eastwood : Die Kleider des Pharaos - Die Verwendung von Stoffen im Alten Ägypten. - [Katalog Rijksmuseum van Oudheden in Leiden für die Sonderausstellung De kleren van de farao]. - Hannover : Kestner-Museum, 1995. - ISBN : 90-6707-384-9. - 152 p., on pp. 126 - 138.

Maybe also of interest ... "HAIR AND DEATH IN ANCIENT EGYPT" by María Rosa Valdesogo Martín.

Greetings, Lutz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Homework Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: