Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone ever looked into this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dreamregent
Citizen
Citizen


Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 41

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
Also to turn around the words from my postings and to suppose me statements that I never gave, do not help... It is unproven boring nonsense, contrary the ancient textual and archeology evidence. sleepy4 sleepy1 sleepy2

Lutz


Are you really now going to try to lie about it and falsely accuse me of intentionally misquoting you? I quoted the very statements you typed in your posts. Everyone can see that.

Here...

Lutz wrote:
The notch in the mountain range and the solar disk together then form the hieroglyph "3ht"


and here...

Lutz wrote:
Nobody said that the sun has to be seen in the triangle. Sun disk and rockformation in front build the stylized "3ht" hieroglyph:


...you told two different stories. The notch and the rock formation in front of it are not the same thing. How can you say I am misrepresenting your statements when I am highlighting the exact quotes from your own posts, typos and all ("rockformation")?

Are you determined to continue making yourself look foolish by continuing to carry on with this nonsense?
_________________
Thanks,

Joe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dreamregent
Citizen
Citizen


Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 41

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides, I thought you were done...

Lutz wrote:
Thats all from me on this, much more fun to you in your wonderland with your monologues...

Lutz


Why do you keep coming back? If you just run back to your ivory tower of demagoguery and dogmatic thinking, you can rest assured with your head buried in the sand and forget this thread exists. You'll never have to take the risk of a new idea entering your head.
_________________
Thanks,

Joe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 4176
Location: Berlin, Germany

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamregent wrote:
Lutz wrote:
Also to turn around the words from my postings and to suppose me statements that I never gave, do not help... It is unproven boring nonsense, contrary the ancient textual and archeology evidence. sleepy4 sleepy1 sleepy2

Lutz


Are you really now going to try to lie about it and falsely accuse me of intentionally misquoting you? I quoted the very statements you typed in your posts. Everyone can see that.

Here...

Lutz wrote:
The notch in the mountain range and the solar disk together then form the hieroglyph "3ht"


and here...

Lutz wrote:
Nobody said that the sun has to be seen in the triangle. Sun disk and rockformation in front build the stylized "3ht" hieroglyph:


...you told two different stories.

No, I use Google-Translator. If you want we can do this conversation in German. In my mother language I know all the different meanings of some words...

And as you have so often mentioned that you know all the theories of Egyptologists on the subject, you'd know what I'm talking about just from the beginning: about the mountain front in the foreground.

And so on...

Lutz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dreamregent
Citizen
Citizen


Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 41

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
No, I use Google-Translator.


Ah, so now we're going to blame it on something getting lost in the translation? Your English doesn't seem all that bad to me. I'm not sure that I believe your claim that you used the translator to produce those statements in English from the same German word(s). I am unable to reproduce this phenomenon myself. However, I do see that when I enter "rock formation," it translates as "felsformation" in German. This indicates to me that you manually typed "rockformation" because the German doesn't seem to have a space in the word. Based on the alternate suggestions it gives me, I am also unable to find any way for it to translate a single German word as both a "notch" and a "rockformation." Additionally, if I enter "felsformation" and translate to English, it tells me this word translates as "cliff." Therefore, the claim that you used Google Translate to produce the sentences in English seems to gird my position that you were telling two different stories and appears to indicate that you are now falsely claiming you are confused.

Something isn't making any sense here. However, these inconsistencies can be cleared up rather quickly. Simply provide me with the German text you used to produce these two vastly different English translations ("notch in the mountain range" and "rockformation in front"). I can check it in Google Translate myself and, if it pans out in your favor, that will prove you are not lying.

Or, would you rather just stop digging your hole and leave me alone?
_________________
Thanks,

Joe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 4176
Location: Berlin, Germany

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At third time, you are not the person to say me what I have to do or not.

My goodness, youis really boring, right? ... Give "Einkerbung" at : http://translate.google.de.

Lutz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dreamregent
Citizen
Citizen


Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 41

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
At third time, you are not the person to say me what I have to do or not.

My goodness, youis really boring, right? ... Give "Einkerbung" at : http://translate.google.de.

Lutz


Google Translate seems to indicate you are a liar when you say you didn't try to change your story. I told you I did this earlier. Don't you pay attention to anything?

Einkerbung ≠ Felsformation
Notch ≠ Cliff/Rock Formation
"The notch in the mountain range" ≠ "rockformation in front"


You're only telling half the story in a bid to make people think you sound reasonable when, in fact, you seem to be a fraud. In the first statement, you were clearly talking about the Royal Wadi. In your second statement, based on the translation shown for "felsformation" below, you were apparently talking about the cliff. How is that not an attempt to change your story? Do you make false statements in all the threads you participate in?

"Einkerbung" gets you the word "notch" only:



"Rockformation" does not translate because it is not proper English. So, when I put in "rock formation," I get:



Then, if you translate "felsformation" to English:



"The notch in the mountain range":



"rockformation in front":



_________________
Thanks,

Joe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 4176
Location: Berlin, Germany

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not getting tired of repeating to know (and disregard) all the theories of the Egyptologists? Then I can not understand how you could misunderstand my statements. I've always said that I have not thought of myself, but that this is the only theory that I know about the theme in Egyptology. And that I think it is logic and in accordance with the textual sources. One in which the apparent triangle in the background (your drawing) plays a role, I do not know. So, before you call others they lying here (outrageous enough), perhaps you should clean first before your own door?

Lutz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen


Joined: 04 Jun 2003
Posts: 1110
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can safely say we've all had enough of this. Thread locked.
_________________
"Man fears Time - but Time fears the pyramids" - Old Egyptian saying
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group