Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working on a prologue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pre-dynastic Egypt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Montu
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Working on a prologue Reply with quote

I'm currently working on a prologue, for the sequel to a reasonably successful novel of mine (I won't say the name or anything because I don't wanna be one of 'those' annoying people) As it stands this prologue is fairly set in stone, but there are issues, mainly due to the fact that I don't have any dialogue in it - it's the only chapter anywhere in either book without dialogue, so that makes it a bit dodgy. In a nutshell it's a very brief telling of the formation of very early Egyptian society ... not worrying too much about fact (I want to keep it as simply and straight forward as poss ... not an info dump) ... it's more about 'feel' and also it's quite god heavy (Egyptian gods) the idea is to weave mythology in with a bit of archaeology.

If any of the knowledgeable people here would like to give it a once over to see if it is basically doing what I want ... i.e. not being brutally bad for the facts while getting a nice evocative feel let me know.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I consider myself to fundamentally unsuited for my limited language skills... I could imagine that one or the other could certainly help. Maybe you give the text online somewhere (if not too long, maybe under "Miscellaneous" or "General Discussion")?

Greetings, Lutz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pre-dynastic Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: