Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Under the earth vs. in the belly of Nut?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Mythology and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serapis Liber
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Under the earth vs. in the belly of Nut? Reply with quote

I was curious if anyone here can help me track down an article I came across a few months ago but have forgotten the title, author, or publication/website. I just recall that the author was attempting to resolve the apparent "contradiction" of the netherworld being located both under the earth yet within the belly of Nut in the sky. This author, using decanal cycles as an illustration, proposed that the nightly descent beyond the horizon was, for most days of the year, a descent into the underworld, and that it was only during the 70 days between the heliacal setting and rising that the decans entered the womb of Nut to be regenerated and reborn, thus removing them from visibility completely.

I'm really just trying to track down either this article or any other sources advocate this particular perspective.

Does this sound at all familiar to any of you guys?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Mythology and Religion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: