Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions About Ancient Egypt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Patterson
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Questions About Ancient Egypt Reply with quote

If anyone has any questions about ancient Egypt please feel free to ask me here. I am a historian and I will try to answer them the best I can.
Hatshepsu
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo so you'll do my homework? lol Smile i wish, then maybe i could get in the 90's more often.
Jason Patterson
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Homework Helper Reply with quote

The title of the board is Homework Help not Homework Doer, sorry Smile I can answer questions about ancient Egypt if you have them. But I will not do your homework.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Homework Helper Reply with quote

Jason Patterson wrote:
The title of the board is Homework Help not Homework Doer, sorry Smile I can answer questions about ancient Egypt if you have them. But I will not do your homework.

I need to know about the sphinx
Kevin
Admin/Admun/Admen
Admin/Admun/Admen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please be a bit more specific? What exactly do you need to know. Searching on google will tell you what the sphinx is but if you need more specific information, please specify. Smile

As a starter though:

Quote:
With the body of a lion and the head of a king, the Great Sphinx at Giza was believed to have been built in 2500 BC. However there is evidence of rain-induced weathering. If the weathering is indeed caused by rain, it would mean that the Sphinx has been in existence since North Africa had a wet climate - more than 12,000 years ago!

Most Egyptologists regard the Sphinx as a portrait of the king Khafre, carved from an outcrop of rock that remained after the quarrying of limestone for the interior of the Great Pyramid.

The Great Sphinx measures 66 feet high and over 240 feet long. The face of the Sphinx rises 13 feet with the eyes being 6 feet high. Part of the nose and beard are now missing, but the beard can still be seen in the British Museum.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Questions About Ancient Egypt Reply with quote

Jason Patterson wrote:
If anyone has any questions about ancient Egypt please feel free to ask me here. I am a historian and I will try to answer them the best I can.

How do the museums look after the mummies?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Homework Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: