Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kv21a
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SidneyF
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was used, and here is a photo of the one of Meritaten:

http://www.eternalegypt.org/EternalEgyptWebsiteWeb/HomeServlet?ee_website_action_key=action.display.element&story_id=&module_id=&element_id=60767&language_id=1&text=text

On this palette it says she is the daughter of Nefertiti.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidneyF wrote:
... Presumably it came from Tut's tomb? There was one of Meritaten, too, I believe. Interesting heirlooms.

The Griffith Institute, Tutankhamun - Anatomy of an Excavation : Ivory palette of Meritaton (JE 62079).

Greetings, Lutz.
SidneyF
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote, earlier:

Quote:
The only example from Amarna where there is another king--without Akhenaten--is that scene from the tomb. And there he is, handing out favors, the rays of the Aten upon and the cartouches of the god right beside his own like he was the favorite of the sun now. If Akhenaten was still alive, I doubt Meryre would have had this scene put into his tomb in that fashion. Even though Thutmose III was the rightful king, the royal servants of that period never mentioned him alone but always second to Hatshepsut--if they even mentioned him at all. A tomb was, after all, a boon of the king. Nobody had the means to make one for himself. Of course, if the king was gone and the tomb wasn't completed, then the successor would be the one featured next.

Another thing about the Great Durbar scene around the corner from the Smenkhkare one is that it contains reference to Nefertiti as Hmt nsw aAt. Reeves, in GM, was of the opinion that this title occurred only late in Nefertiti's time as queen of Akhenaten, although it did not entirely replace Hmt nsw wrt. Therefore, the durbar scene was probably not put there contemporaneously with Year 12 and likely has no bearing on when Smenkhkare was made coregent, if he ever was.
Frater0082
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why destroyed that mummy like that I find it interesting that theybdestroyed just years before the finding of Tutankhamen makes me wonder if there were secret gangs of the old days that were still around and jobs were to prevent anyone from still knowing thd Armarna family.
Frater0082
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smenkhare was very much real and he waz just a co-regent.

correct me if im wrong but wasn't Nefertiti elevated to co-regent before Smenkhare? I think it should look like this:

Nepkeperure Akhenaten
Neferneferuaten-Nefertiti (co-regent) y14-16
Ankheperure Smenkhare(co-regent) y16

Ankheperure Neferneferuaten Meritaten- stuck in a whole(figure of speech)

Tutankhamen (true heir)

Yeah I know, I dont have evidence or stuff written on fancy paper to prove this but to me it seems like some of the answers are stairing you all in the face.(scenario) Akhenaten fell sick in his last few years so he may have needed someone to sit in hiis position until he got better sadly he did not. Neferneferuaten-Nefertiti was first then Smenkhare is what I believe and they were all there while Akhenaten was alive.

His first choice would had to been his wife as she held equal responsibility to the reforms and she was experienced. Putting Smenkhare up first wouldn't have been wise.
kylejustin
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it makes more sense to make smenkhkare king before a woman. akhenaten must have known putting a woman on the throne with 2 male heirs in the shadows was not a good idea.

the only time women held power in egypt was usually as regent. and neferneferuaten probably started out as one for tut. if she ruled as king on her own, she would have imitated hatshepsut. and we all know the later egyptians did not like that scenario.
Frater0082
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True true.

As of Kv21a I dont think she's Ankh. Ankh herself helped Tut when he was injured if you font believe me look carefully at her depictions she's always there no one else. How can a queen with clubb feet especially like that even move.

Or another scenario could be that they binded her feet so she couldn't run and killed her for her treachery.

I think this a cache of queens thus a cache from Amenhotep 3's time it could be

Sitamun(kv21a)
You know come to think of it we always see Sitamun sitting down. She's not on that statue. Of Tiye and Amenhotep 3 with her three other sisters(hmp was that); could Sitamun be Kv21a.
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that the juxtaposition in the tomb of Meyre II of images of the great durbar and then "Smenkhkare" (if the missing cartouches are to be believed) show the promotion of Nefertiti to co-regent and that she is "Smenkhkare".

This would account for the lack of other evidence of that king, as well as the images of a female regent re-inscribed for Tutankhamun.

Meyre II had the title Royal scribe, Steward, Overseer of the Two Treasuries, Overseer of the Royal Harim of Nefertiti. Surely it is possible his tomb decoration relates not only to his own life but to the most important events of his mistresses life? What could be more important than elevation to the kingship?
Kemetian
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karnsculpture wrote:
I'm thinking that the juxtaposition in the tomb of Meyre II of images of the great durbar and then "Smenkhkare" (if the missing cartouches are to be believed) show the promotion of Nefertiti to co-regent and that she is "Smenkhkare".

This would account for the lack of other evidence of that king, as well as the images of a female regent re-inscribed for Tutankhamun.

Meyre II had the title Royal scribe, Steward, Overseer of the Two Treasuries, Overseer of the Royal Harim of Nefertiti. Surely it is possible his tomb decoration relates not only to his own life but to the most important events of his mistresses life? What could be more important than elevation to the kingship?

It is possible that the presence of Akhenaten and Smenkhkare, but not Neferneferuaten, suggests that Smenkhkare came before Neferneferuaten. The problem is we cant examine the cartouches to see if they were ever altered, however so far there has been no object found that has been altered from Smenkhkare to Neferneferuaten or vice versa which suggests to me that they were two individuals. Like most Amarna evidence it tantalises but doesnt quite provide a definative answer.

I often wonder if the missing cartouches still exist, perhaps in a dusty old box in an attic or a museum storeroom. It appears they were deliberately cut out so presumably whoever did it kept them. That would be a nice discovery.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: