Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cleopatra VII

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emilyclarinet
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Cleopatra VII Reply with quote

I think I know a great deal about Cleopatra VII. But there is always more to learn. I thought Cleopatra would be a good topic for discussion. Cleopatra was actually of Macedonian decent, not Egyptian (Due to Alexander the Great). Her name means "glory of the father" but of course there were many Cleopatra's before her. The rulers of this time were out for blood when it came to who sat on the throne of Egypt. As an adult Cleopatra spoke 9 languages: Aramaic, Ethiopic, Latin, Syrian, Hebrew, Troglodyte, Roman, Greek, and Egyptian. She was a mistress to Julius Caesar and gave him his only blood son. (Octavian being a great nephew). Then there is the giant sequence of events I could talk about for hours:Marcus Antonius and Cleopatra VII but I'm tired of typing for know. I thought this would be a good topic for discussion and would like to know any cool facts about Cleopatra that I can. Thanks for reading! Smile
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some from the first of seven result pages in the forum search...

Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens -> cleopatra

Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens -> Where is Cleopatra?

Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens -> How did Cleopatra's Chambermaids Die

Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens -> Arsinoe IV of Egypt, Cleopatra's sister

Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pharaohs and Queens -> Cleopatra. True beauty?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: