Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh looky here!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ankhetmaatre
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Oh looky here! Reply with quote

The Pyramid
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2799166/
Ankhetmaatre
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... oh wait...

http://deadline.com/2014/08/video-the-pyramid-horror-trailer-825386/

We need a facepalm emoticon
Medjay Archer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I don't know what you expected from pop cinema; they are, most of the time, the very vector of what are the most stereotypical products possible since it is the way to make big money.

I looked at the trailer and saw the directors are the ones who made "The Hills have eyes". I've heard many times of this movie, but didn't have the force to try given it is likely exploitative and rather gory (?). So, Pyramid (2014) will follow the same streak of ideas...
Exclamation Wink

I see the pharaoh/king/majesty is pretty wroth and has a serious back problem... Very Happy
Kmt is not a racial term nor a reference to the black silt deposited on the Nile valley, but an expression of "standing on place wherein food is plenty, allowing to stop moving like the neighbouring nomads". -Asar Imhotep
Ankhetmaatre
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it looks like a pyramid themed spatter flick. In other words, how many different ways can you kill some people trapped in a maze vs how many stupid mistakes can they make.

I actually like a good horror flick, something with atmosphere and a plot. But, like you said, these things must earn $ or they wouldn't keep making them in the flavor du jour. le sigh. '-'
karnsculpture
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can't be as horrific as that "Chasing Mummies" series starring Hawass, including the crazy scene where one prospective archaeologist pees inside one of the actual pyramids. I can't believe that series got made.
Meritamon
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, the horror/ supernatural genre needs to stay away from AE. In fact, I'd much prefer a movie about Amenhotep IV.
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, if we're very, very lucky, this new spate of AE themed movies will produce one that's compelling in it's own right and not bibical apology. I'm always surprised at how often people (even historians) gloss over the importance of AE as a precursor to modern civilization. I know for a fact that there are themes in the AE story that would make plots modern audiences would enjoy. Of course, there are few actual writers left in Hollywood anymore so it would probably be up to Europe to come up with something. Too bad Fellini's dead.
Ankhetmaatre
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I know! We should form a group and inundate Bernardo Bertolucci or Ang Lee with AE themed literature and hope for the best.

Can't hurt. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: