Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Mysteries of Nefertiti
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chrismackint
Account Suspended


Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Posts: 809

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never understand half what you say, but am too polite to say anything.
One thing everyone has conveniantly forgotten is that all other busts from amarna, such as Tuts, have the red in the corners of the eyes, a trait common to people from that region, and a trait they must have seen as perfection because they depicted it on Tuts funeral mask and coffins, so my qustion is why doesn't the Nefertiti bust have these red colouring in the corner of the eyes?

Is it because a European wouldn't see this trait as perfection and omitted it or never thought about it? Seems suspicious it would be lacking in the bust, when art from this period had an emphasis on portraying reality to a greater extent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 3649
Location: Berlin, Germany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrismackint wrote:
I never understand half what you say, but am too polite to say anything. ...

Make yourself nothing out of it, I'm (and I could imagine also one or the other members) it goes similar with many of your posts here in the forum...

Chrismackint wrote:
... One thing everyone has conveniantly forgotten is that all other busts from amarna, such as Tuts, have the red in the corners of the eyes, a trait common to people from that region, and a trait they must have seen as perfection because they depicted it on Tuts funeral mask and coffins...

Hey, super! The riddle of KV 55 is solved! It is a fake...



But Carter will rotate in his coffin when he reads your groundbraking news. Two (of several) fakes from KV 62...




And the poor Montet ... The silver coffin of Pseusennes I ... Also a fake!



It is getting ridiculous...
_________________
Ägyptologie - Forum (German)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chrismackint
Account Suspended


Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Posts: 809

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I have said before I am tired of these women who are only something because of their erotic capital. This Neferiti, like Angelina and all the other supposed great beauties, is nothing but a pretty face. Thats all. Show me something substantial, something original she ever did or thought of, instead of importing all her ideas from someone else or her husband, cause this barbie doll symmetry I am being brainwashed with is getting boring. The bust, like all these famed beauties, is ugly in it's boring predictability, and I couldn't care less about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 3649
Location: Berlin, Germany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrismackint wrote:
... The bust, like all these famed beauties, is ugly in it's boring predictability, and I couldn't care less about it.

What is clearly visible in the number of your posts about it... Again, let check the dosage of your medication.
_________________
Ägyptologie - Forum (German)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chrismackint
Account Suspended


Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Posts: 809

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
What is clearly visible in the number of your posts about it... Again, let check the dosage of your medication.


Again there is always an excuse as to why this bust has to be the exception to the rule.

So when we listen to your scientists, who are never wrong, we get stuff like this reconstruction of Tutankhamun that has him looking like a European, with a long pinocchio nose just to top it off. So despite all the surviving evidence showing that Tut was dark skinned and had a small nose, evidence in the form of actual busts made of him by the AE from his very tomb, the scientists completely disregard all this data and show him as fair skinned, really gives me great confidence in the credability of science, archaeology and Egyptology.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7j3LiBHJdbE/SrQCs6HvMsI/AAAAAAAAAEU/HmWGFdZTkG4/s1600-h/ok+tut+face.jpg

And why does this bust of Nefertiti not have full thick black eyeliner that resembles what is depicted on the detailed busts of Tutankhamun that are made with a similar technique of plaster over wood. Instead this one sports cosmetics that is similar to that seen in the 1920's.

Why does this bust of Nefertiti not have the obvious lines on the neck, like Tuts mask and lotus bust. Sure I admit the mannequin doesn't have obvious lines on the neck, but considering when these busts are shown with great detail, such as the lotus of Tut, the lines on the neck are shown, so it seems odd they are missing in Nefertiti. By lacking these lines of fat the result is, far from envoking the fertility associated with the overweight god hapi, that depictions of the royal couple always have during this time, this Nefertiti is more reminiscent of the thin ideal of the 1920's actresses.

Here are some examples of how depicting the trait of having red in the corners of the eyes occurs during this period. Why is this Nefertiti lacking this quality, considering the rest of the bust is so detailed.

http://www.lessingimages.com/viewimage.asp?i=08010251+&cr=3&cl=1#

http://images.theage.com.au/2011/03/29/2258424/gal_PHARAOHS1-600x400.jpg

http://180dfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/p142.jpg

http://www.griffith.ox.ac.uk/gri/gif-files/Ross_photo_0009.jpg

Why are you throwing in stuff from different time periods, I am only talking about late Amarna here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 3649
Location: Berlin, Germany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sleepy1 sleepy1 sleepy1
_________________
Ägyptologie - Forum (German)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 3649
Location: Berlin, Germany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrismackint wrote:
... Why are you throwing in stuff from different time periods, I am only talking about late Amarna here.

So, in which period belong the objects from KV 55 and 62, to follow your very esteemed opinion?
_________________
Ägyptologie - Forum (German)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chrismackint
Account Suspended


Joined: 25 Sep 2006
Posts: 809

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
...to follow your very esteemed opinion?...


So I need a degree now just to have an opinion. So typical of our modern day westerner and resterner world where everyone has their head up their own backside.

God your exactly like everyone else I have ever met in my life, constantly in a foul mood, always critical, never have anything positive to say about anything I do. Not only is it a white thing, it happens across anyone I meet from any different race. Your all an insolent. It's because I am trapped with people like you around me my whole life I have ended up a loser talking on a internet forum. Your exactly like the rest of your generation, hell your exactly like the young generation, just one of the many billions with contempt for anyone and everyone.

Lutz wrote:
By the way, the example Carter is the best proof that something like that does not work. In the end namely always someone can not keep his mouth. And they were just 4 in a closed room, with one or two natives before the tomb entry...


I'm surprised you would see the Egyptian people as mere 'natives', why do you care so much about this bust if your opinion of them is so low. Guess you Germans need all the tourist dollars you can get with this bust. Am dying to know how you came to the insurance figure of $390 million, even Tuts gold mask and coffin are not worth any where near that figure. Seems fishy to me, although I don't have a degree in finance, so what would I know.

Lutz wrote:
Make yourself nothing out of it, I'm (and I could imagine also one or the other members) it goes similar with many of your posts here in the forum...


Didn't you see the Indoneasian parliament being sworn in yesterday. You wonder why I have strong opinions. Although again I don't have a degree in political science so can't commnet on that either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh


Joined: 02 Sep 2007
Posts: 3649
Location: Berlin, Germany

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More trivial and incoherent ramblings than usual ... Like every time when it comes to a point where you not further know or you try order to press a response. sleepy2

Again ...
Chrismackint wrote:
... Why are you throwing in stuff from different time periods, I am only talking about late Amarna here.

So, in which period belong the objects from KV 55 and 62, to follow your very esteemed opinion?
_________________
Ägyptologie - Forum (German)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group