Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Kolbrin suggests Akhenaten had offspring with Meritaten
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manu84
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
Manu84 wrote:
Lutz wrote:
Manu84 wrote:
... I said that it was a hobby for me and certain other colleagues to research the Kolbrin's provenance. We're trying to find some conclusive proof about the book's origins, if it's a hoax or if maybe it has some basis. ...

But this would require first that these so called ancient texts are accessible in there original form. Where, when, and by whom were they published?

As I said the original scrolls will probably never be published ...

And you do not believe that it can only give one single reason for that?

Quote:
Could it be that it's true that the original ancient texts got lost and only type written copies of it remained which were then compiled into the current version of the Kolbrin? It is within the realm of possibilities. For some of us is entertaining to dwell on it and try to contrast its contents with mainstream discoveries to find if this could have been the case.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manu84 wrote:
...Could it be that it's true that the original ancient texts got lost and only type written copies of it remained which were then compiled into the current version of the Kolbrin? ...

What is by the advocates of authenticity probably strictly disputed? And even if, where are these "type written copies" (from cuneiform?) published?? It must surely be somewhere a text which is the basis for the accessible English (and other) versions, right?
Ankhetmaatre
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "scrolls" will never be published because there are no scrolls. Many of the people who have compiled this book freely admit that they have no corroboration for their claims. There has never been a "scroll" discovered at Glastonbury Abby. The claim that this cult was established at the turn of the last century cannot even be verified. Though pseudo-religious cults were very popular in the early nineteenth century, perhaps even more than they are now, the earliest published mention of the "Culdian Trust" is in the 1990s.

Imo, the rational behind this whole thing is stated pretty well thusly:
"In many of these cults naivete and sophistication work side by side; ideas about advanced psychology and physiology are juxtaposed with remnants of pre-Christian myths and nineteenth-century occultism.

All of the cults of unreason have one thing in common: they attempt to satisfy man's need to reach simple, understandable answers to the confusion around him... we can expect more and more of these pseudo-religions as the hapless individuals in our society are confronted with newer and even more unwanted life styles and expectations..."
Cults Of Unreason, Dr. C. Evans

The oldest actual documentation for the Kolbrin dates from 2003 in James McCanney's Disney Land to Tesla - The Kolbrin Connection, a self-published work from 2003. There is no hard evidence that this work existed in any form before this date. While it's true that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, one needs to examine the motives of James McCanney and those who continue to build their empires on his claims. It's not too hard to do because they are, of course, trying to draw attention to their claims.

Since this site is not about any of this sort of thing I'm just going to leave it at that and focus on more interesting topics.
Ankhetmaatre
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you did there, Admins! And I like it! Laughing
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhetmaatre wrote:
... All of the cults of unreason have one thing in common: they attempt to satisfy man's need to reach simple, understandable answers to the confusion around him... we can expect more and more of these pseudo-religions as the hapless individuals in our society are confronted with newer and even more unwanted life styles and expectations..."
Cults Of Unreason, Dr. C. Evans ...

And with the stupidity of the people there was always to make a lot of money, quick and easy ... As also here, if I look alone for the prices on the website of the "Culdian Trust" for a copy of this nonsense book. Not to talk about the money that is made out of the following, like TV productions etc.

Greetings, Lutz.
Manu84
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
Ankhetmaatre wrote:
... All of the cults of unreason have one thing in common: they attempt to satisfy man's need to reach simple, understandable answers to the confusion around him... we can expect more and more of these pseudo-religions as the hapless individuals in our society are confronted with newer and even more unwanted life styles and expectations..."
Cults Of Unreason, Dr. C. Evans ...

And with the stupidity of the people there was always to make a lot of money, quick and easy ... As also here, if I look alone for the prices on the website of the "Culdian Trust" for a copy of this nonsense book. Not to talk about the money that is made out of the following, like TV productions etc.

Greetings, Lutz.

The majority of the book is available online for free http://thekolbrin.com/kolbrin_toc.html so I doubt they're just trying to make money. Also by having read the book in its entirety I can tell you it's the worst kind of book you can imagine to start off a cult. It's simply not so much a coherent line of work but more like a bunch of texts from different epochs and cultures pieced together. But I guess you have your mind made up so have fun with your Kolbrin bash party. I've seen this happen before so to me it's boringly redundant. I guess it's in your best interest to protect your territory though, I just hoped we could do it actually attacking the texts instead of those who published them.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To discuss texts that are allegedly exist but not published in there original by the people who publish them in "contemporary translation" for money, I think is a waste of time. Their authenticity can not be proved or disproved in the end, even also not with the by you proposed method (allegedly the reason for your request here). In this sense, good luck in later life!
Manu84
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz wrote:
To discuss texts that are allegedly exist but not published in there original by the people who publish them in "contemporary translation" for money, I think is a waste of time. Their authenticity can not be proved or disproved in the end, even also not with the by you proposed method (allegedly the reason for your request here). In this sense, good luck in later life!

I guess you're right on that. Thanks for the good wishes and likewise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: