Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If this happend, it will be the lost for the mankind...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost Pharaoh
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: If this happend, it will be the lost for the mankind... Reply with quote

I just hear over radio this news and I was stunned... I was sad, I was angry, I was hopeless... I hope this are only stories and mumbling of one lunatic...

Extremist calls for destruction of Egyptian antiquities

http://rt.com/news/239093-islamist-calls-destroy-pyramids/

Mennefer
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear this scenario is just a matter of time. I regret saying this, but it will happen sooner or later and I fear it will happen during our own lifetime in the near future. I'd really love to to Egypt and witness it all before it's too late. Sad
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Al-Azhar releases fatwa forbidding the destruction of artefacts" (Al Tahrir News - TNN, March 6, 2015)

Quote:
"Egyptian Islamic institute Al-Azhar has released a fatwa on Friday forbidding the destruction of ancient artefacts after Islamic State raids on a Mosul museum and the ancient Assyrian city of Nimrud.

Al-Azhar, which is considered the foremost authority of Sunni Islam, called the Islamic State’s actions a crime against humanity, given the global cultural value attached to these items. The institute dismissed Islamic State’s classification of the items as “idols”.

“These artefacts have important cultural and historical significance,” Al-Azhar said in an official statement. “They are an important part of our collective legacy that must not be harmed.”

Al-Azhar’s comments came shortly after Islamic State militants bulldozed the ancient Assyrian city of Nimrud, destroying many of its artefacts.

The institute also condemned the Islamic State for its hypocrisy, given that the group refers to the artefacts as false idols while also profiting heavily from their sale on the black market.

Al-Azhar added that the violent and destructive actions perpetrated by this group do not represent Islam or any faith.

Al-Azhar also said that the destructive and aggressive nature of the group places an urgency on the Egyptian government and the international community to place a concise plan to end this threat."

Greetings, Lutz.
Lost Pharaoh
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's Lutz for this good news. I hope that this plan will work and that the Egyptians monuments will be protected at all costs. I still cannot believe that someone would like to destroy such precious heritage of our ancestors.

Medjay Archer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{image removed by admin}

I'm concerned for all ancient monuments that could fall under destructive control of these baboons. Egyptians or not.

However, to me, the most important are studies of them and survey reports. They keep memory of these monuments. Many early surveys report things that no longer exist now because either lost or fallen to erosion.

Of course, meaningless and hypocritical destruction such as this, is utterly unwarranted.
Kmt is not a racial term nor a reference to the black silt deposited on the Nile valley, but an expression of "standing on place wherein food is plenty, allowing to stop moving like the neighbouring nomads". -Asar Imhotep
herper
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isis does as they want and care nothing about other cultures history. I would have military protection including anti missile and aircraft capability. 24/7/365 protection is needed. I know that this is impossible but I would go for coverage of major sights then maximum area coverage of lesser sights. And all units would be weapons free. Expensive yes but if Egypt was to loose its ancient monuments the damage to tourism dollars would devastate the economy.
Lost Pharaoh
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that Egyptian government will see the true problem with this destructors, and protect an ancient sites at all costs. The world would lose more than we can imagine...

evarelap
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost cried with the news about Mosul and Nineveh. I pray it never happens in Egypt, but it is oh so close to happening.

I think it now better to keep the Nefertiti bust in Berlin.
Meritamon
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to Ninevah?
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meritamon wrote:
What happened to Ninevah?

See here:

http://www.haaretz.com/life/archaeology/.premium-1.645868
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: