Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top marks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A M Street
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Top marks? Reply with quote

I just spotted this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-34151528

If true this is not the way to enhance a country's reputation.
tutsbeard
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this right. I'm a bit dense so stay with me ok.

A majority Muslim country actively discriminates against a Christian member at a government level. Leading to the Christian person's life being irreversibly wrecked.

Ok so I am still with you. But then when you consider such a country relies on tourism to stay afloat, tourism that materializes from majority Christian countries, you begin to wonder why such a country would actively insight hatred towards a Christian.

Ok so now I am starting to get a little lost. What makes this all the more appalling is when you consider how Muslims are treated at a government level in Christian countries. Christians spend millions on helping their Muslim immigrants, meeting every need and whim, striving tirelessly to make them happy. While at the same time walking on eggshells for fear of saying anything that may upset their Muslim populations.

Had I been anyone with authority in a western government I would have offered this poor girl asylum and allowed her whole family to relocate, if they chose to. Nobody deserves to be treated in such a way in 2015. Why Egypt can't show a little decency towards someone who is different is beyond my limited intelligence.

But as usual such a blatant display of discrimination is excused by the international community who turn a blind eye, we are even conditioned to see such a thing as normal and acceptable when it happens in non-western countries, because you know...like, it's only Egypt, right? Meanwhile if this happened in the West....

If your like me and sick and tired of tolerating intolerance, and the double standards Westerners of European descent are held to, I advise the reading of this article. It pretty much sums up how Westerners are held up to unrealistic character tests that nobody else in the world has to endure. It opened my eyes, and like this article I hope it opens your eyes to the reality of racial discrimination in our world.

http://www.woroni.com.au/comment/if-australia-is-racist-what-does-that-make-japan-and-south-korea/
neseret
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Top marks? Reply with quote

A M Street wrote:
I just spotted this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-34151528

If true this is not the way to enhance a country's reputation.

True: one has to wonder if el-Sisi's reshuffle/wiping out of his cabinet recently was partially in response to Malak's claims.

However, on point, "buying" better grades is nothing new in Egypt: see

Buying a Diploma Is Easy If You Can Pay Up

HTH.

Doctoral Candidate
Oriental Institute
Oriental Studies
Doctoral Programme [Egyptology]
Oxford University
Oxford, United Kingdom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: