Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nicholas Reeves : The Burial of Nefertiti? (2015)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burlgirl
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the many previous repeat posts. Technical difficulties. I wish I could edit the extra posts out.

Thomas Jefferson
Ikon
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo released by antiquities ministry
Kharis
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Ikon. Regardless of what is there, it is very exciting to think there is more to discover.
Naunacht
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Could be anything Reply with quote

Anything from tarps and tools left behind by workers who were told to close up an unfinished room in a hurry because they were burying the king sooner than they expected to another royal burial, Nefertiti herself?

I'm not a big Armana groupie but the suspense is killing me!
Naunacht
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Could be anything Reply with quote

Anything from tarps and tools left behind by workers who were told to close up an unfinished room in a hurry because they were burying the king sooner than they expected to another royal burial, Nefertiti herself?

Naunacht
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Could be anything Reply with quote

Anything from tarps and tools left behind by workers who were told to close up an unfinished room in a hurry because they were burying the king sooner than they expected to another royal burial, Nefertiti herself? Or Smenkhare if he/she's not Nefertiti or (gasp!) Akhenaton himself (if he's not KV55).

Unas
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing
Quote:
Anything from tarps and tools left behind by workers who were told to close up an unfinished room in a hurry because they were burying the king sooner than they expected

What a mental image! That would be hysterical after all the hype.
herper
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it of made sense to use space in unfinished rooms to not jam everything together? Maybe put the chariots there? And has any unfinished Chambers ever been found abandoned and sealed off?
herper
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it of made sense to use space in unfinished rooms to not jam everything together? Maybe put the chariots there? And has any unfinished Chambers ever been found abandoned and sealed off?
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

herper wrote:
... And has any unfinished Chambers ever been found abandoned and sealed off?

A circumstance to which I have repeatedly hint ... To my knowledge, not in the Valley of the Kings or anywhere else in Egypt.

"Ministry of Antiquities - Video of the Radar Scan Results' Press Conference - Part 1"

"Ministry of Antiquities - Video of the Radar Scan Results' Press Conference - Part 2"

Greetings, Lutz.
Unas
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's suppose that another chamber is indeed found and something of significance is discovered inside it. If that happens, will there be a massive re-examination of all the royal tombs? After all, if something new could be found in a tomb as famous as this one, could new discoveries await in tombs that are less examined?
Naunacht
Priest
Priest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Shades of Al Capone's vault Reply with quote

Unas wrote:
Laughing Laughing
Quote:
Anything from tarps and tools left behind by workers who were told to close up an unfinished room in a hurry because they were burying the king sooner than they expected

What a mental image! That would be hysterical after all the hype.

I don't know if anyone remembers but Geraldo Rivera had this big TV special about a secret room once back in the day. It was all quite suspenseful up until they broke down the wall.

The hype was that notorious gangster Al Capone had left stacks and stacks of his ill gotten gains in a hidden room the basement of a building he once owned and used as his headquarters--or if you were of a ghoulish turn of mine, maybe the bodies of some of his former business partners. At any rate, all they found were some old whiskey bottles and other junk.

Archaeologically all it proved was that it confirmed what everyone already knew, Al Capone had engaged in a bootlegging business back during Prohibition.

Geraldo Rivera's career never recovered.

I have no idea what they're going to find here. Maybe Nefertiti, maybe one of Akhenaton's daughters, maybe my old tarps and beer jars. At any rate broken jars with the names of kings and dates written on them would be pretty cool from an historical perspective.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unas wrote:
... will there be a massive re-examination of all the royal tombs? ...

The latter occurs, for decades. At first we have the "Theban Mapping Project". By the way, the idea to make a replikat of KV 62 goes back to an initiative from the TMP. (And next to that the work by Kent Weeks and his team in KV 5.)

Then we have also working for decades now in the Valley, "Pacific Lutheran University Valley of the Kings Project" and "University of Basel Kings' Valley Project".

Greetings, Lutz.
Terrell0082
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very exciting news to me it really is I wonder what could be behind these wall. Personally, I don't think it's Queen Nefertiti but I do however think that this could be the secret burial chamber of the mysterious Smenkhare who still know little of or it could be a cache of Queens post the Amarna Period.

The bodies of all of Amenhotep III's daughters has yet to been found (except one excuse me) We could definitely be looking at a Cache here but who am I to say for certain that this is a cache, We just might have to wait and see.
Unas
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At any rate broken jars with the names of kings and dates written on them would be pretty cool from an historical perspective.

Agreed. Any object, however insignificant, will be enlightening from a historical standpoint.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Evidence from Amarna All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 25 of 33

Jump to: