Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online : The Diary of Minnie C. Burton

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Online : The Diary of Minnie C. Burton Reply with quote

"The Diary of Minnie C. Burton - The woman behind the man behind the camera : re-discovering the tomb of Tutankhamun"
Quote:
"“I heard from Mrs. Burton a few weeks ago; she has just heard that her house [in Florence] and all possessions had been destroyed when the Germans mined that part of the city; I was afraid it might be so when I saw some photographs in the paper.” (Newberry MSS. 1.49.35: letter to Professor Percy E. Newberry from Miss Phyllis Walker, niece of Mr Howard Carter, dated 7th February 1945)

The diary presented here belonged to Minnie C. Burton, wife of the British archaeologist and photographer Harry Burton, who worked with Howard Carter during the excavation of the tomb of Tutankhamun. It is one of only a few surviving items from the couple’s personal belongings and papers, as the extract reproduced above helps explain.

The Griffith Institute acquired it at auction on 14th July 2015 thanks to two generous grants from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Heritage Lottery Fund. ..."

Greetings, Lutz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: