Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DB320

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buzz
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: DB320 Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm trying to find a definitive answer on who collected the royal dead from the smaller caches in the Valley of the Kings and interred them in DB320.
Was it Psusennes I? Shoshenq I? Anyone else? What are your thoughts?
Cheers,
Jeff
neseret
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: DB320 Reply with quote

Buzz wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to find a definitive answer on who collected the royal dead from the smaller caches in the Valley of the Kings and interred them in DB320.
Was it Psusennes I? Shoshenq I? Anyone else? What are your thoughts?

The mummies had been collected and reburied possibly in the 7th or 8th year of Psusennes I, and more reburials may date to the time of Shoshenq I. In the specific, these reburials were most likely carried out by priests, based upon the text found with the burials. Several of the mummies and coffins bore inscriptions recording their movement between various burial sites. Dockets on the coffins of Ramesses I, Seti I, and Ramesses II indicate that during the reign of Pinedjem I (ca. 1070-1032 BC) these coffins had been hidden in the tomb of Queen Ahmose-Inhapi. According to these texts, the mummies found packed into the entryway of DB 320 had been reburied there during the early 22nd Dynasty (ca. 930 BC). The tomb actually belonged to the family of Pinedjem II, the High Priest of Amun, whose intact burial equipment filled the inner chamber.

HTH.

Doctoral Candidate
Oriental Institute
Oriental Studies
Doctoral Programme [Egyptology]
Oxford University
Oxford, United Kingdom

Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been published a few days ago, delivered today...

Aidan Dodson : Royal Tombs of Ancient Egypt. - Barnsley : Pen & Sword Books, 2016. - ISBN-13 : 978-1473821590. - 224 p., 96 pl. On page 109 :

16_Reeves 1990 pp. 244-277.
17_Sheikholeslami 2008 ; Aston 2014 pp. 44-45.

C. N. Reeves : Valley of the Kings - The Decline of a Royal Necropolis. - [Studies in Egyptology]. - London : Kegan Paul International, 1990. - ISBN : 0710303688. - XLIII, 376 p., 105 figs., 15 pl., 11 tabl.

Cynthia May Sheikholeslami : A Lost Papyrus and the Royal Cache in TT 320 Before 1881. - In: The Realm of the Pharaohs - Essays in Honor of Tohfa Handoussa 1. - Cairo : General Organisation for Government Printing Offices, 2008. - pp. 377 - 400.

David A. Aston : Royal Burials at Thebes During the First Millennium BC. - In: Thebes in the First Millennium BC. - Newcastle upon Tyne : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2014. - pp. 15 - 19.

Greetings, Lutz.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On basis of longtime archeological re-investigation ...

The Royal Cache TT 320 - A Re-Examination. - [Graefe, Belova (Hg)]. - [Preface Zahi Hawass. With chapters by Dylan Bickerstaffe, Erhart Graefe, Edward Loring, Erhart Graefe and Galina Belova, Ashraf Senoussi]. - Cairo : SCA Press, 2010. - 228 p., 145 pl.

Price in Cairo, AUC Bookstore : 150,- EGP .

Greetings, Lutz.
Buzz
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Thanks so much Katherine and Lutz. Great clarification! Reply with quote

Really appreciate it.
Cheers,
Jeff Buzz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: