Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Merry Christmas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Merry Christmas Reply with quote

When I was for the first time during December in Cairo, I was surprised to see in the streets and shops christmas decoration, looking nearly the same as I know it here from Europe. Especially since the Coptic Church (around 10 % of the people) celebrates the 7th of January as the day of the birth of Jesus. But obviously the occasion seems to play no role, only the party is important:

"Egyptian Jingle Bell"

I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year. And do not let ideological fanatics, no matter what colour or religion, destroy the fun of life...

Best, Lutz.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Looking for last minute holiday feast ideas? Historic Royal Palaces has some suggestions from the Tudors whose feasting prowess was legendary. They’ve posted two Tudor Christmas Cookalong videos hosted by food historian Robin Mitchener who is part of the crack team in the Hampton Court Palace kitchen that recreate period foods for the visitors to the palace. ..."

"Tudor Christmas Cookalong"

Greetings, Lutz.
neseret
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To one and all at Egyptian Dreams Forum:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year/Fröhliches Weihnachten und Frohes neues Jahr/ Joyeux Noël et bonne année/Veselé vánoce a šťastný nový rok/Wesołych świąt i szczęśliwego Nowego Roku/Prettige kerstdagen en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!/!أجمل التهاني بمناسبة الميلاد و حلول السنة الجديدة

Doctoral Candidate
Oriental Institute
Oriental Studies
Doctoral Programme [Egyptology]
Oxford University
Oxford, United Kingdom
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story Lutz, paints a nice picture I have seen of Cairo, the Christian view. Sounds a lot like over here in the states. Me and my family had a nice dinner Christmas Eve, some turkey, and some friends came over the 25th. Wishing you all the best, enjoy the vacation if you are having one.
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* I have never seen of Cairo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: