Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xand Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xand
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Xand Game Reply with quote

I am trying to develop my free OpenSource Xand Game which will be in Ancient Egypt.I already made first MIDI all randomly generated in free cgMusic game logo and some basic features, place names, items and magic in Ancient Egyptian.I did admit that I have no programming or 3D modelling skills and that maybe I will never be able to develop it but there are many OpenSource random generators like Space Engine is procedurally generated, some randomly generated 3D models, implementing Lorem Ipsum could enable infinite randomly generated books although it is sometimes funny and randomly generated music so it might be possible.What do you think?

http://www.crestfallen.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6318
Medjay Archer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was looking around what a xand-type of game to end up realizing it is your username. You shall use a name with a meaning. Anyways, for randomly generated musics, I deem they are not. Question

Anyways, diagonally reading, the project you are projecting is immense for one person. I think. It would take years to set it up.
Kmt is not a racial term nor a reference to the black silt deposited on the Nile valley, but an expression of "standing on place wherein food is plenty, allowing to stop moving like the neighbouring nomads". -Asar Imhotep
Xand
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Crestfallen us forum Xand Game topic is that I am considering renaming it in Nebew Ab nbw -gold + ab -light in Ancient Egyptian. Did you look at Xand Game topic second page there are many Ancient Egyptian words there.

Randomly generated music I think it is actually quite good try listening to Xand Game music 1 first three MIDI all randomly generated in free cgMusic.

There are many OpenSource programs that can randomly generate terrain, 3D models and music.But for now would be OK if I could implement pop up window that would appear when mouse is over object or image with Ancient Egyptian words and translation for language learning.I have found JavaScript code on the internet to do this and free RPG Boss OpenSource game maker that can make games without knowledge of programming but has also JavaScript addition. Try looking at Project Learn Japanese RPG I think my game would look like this.

http://lrnj.com/

And my Ancient Egyptian forum Avatar is nbw -gold.
Medjay Archer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xand wrote:
On Crestfallen us forum Xand Game topic is that I am considering renaming it in Nebew Ab nbw -gold + ab -light in Ancient Egyptian. Did you look at Xand Game topic second page there are many Ancient Egyptian words there.

Randomly generated music I think it is actually quite good try listening to Xand Game music 1 first three MIDI all randomly generated in free cgMusic.

There are many OpenSource programs that can randomly generate terrain, 3D models and music.But for now would be OK if I could implement pop up window that would appear when mouse is over object or image with Ancient Egyptian words and translation for language learning.I have found JavaScript code on the internet to do this and free RPG Boss OpenSource game maker that can make games without knowledge of programming but has also JavaScript addition. Try looking at Project Learn Japanese RPG I think my game would look like this.

http://lrnj.com/

And my Ancient Egyptian forum Avatar is nbw -gold.

Oh, I see it is gonna be like Dragon Quest #1. Anyways, I can't comment extensively since my last game was Civilization IV (which I played for 8 years). Now, I don't play games anymore. Surprised

Anyways, what I meant: are the music tracks really generated randomly? The music too much orchestrated for being randomly generated.

Indeed, I can't be a help for either criticism (because my extreme limited knowledge and experience of video games) and because I can't code.

What about taking the game "Immortal Cities - Children of the Nile" as basis to make your game. Decorticate, take good elements, reform, etc. Or modding... Idea
Kmt is not a racial term nor a reference to the black silt deposited on the Nile valley, but an expression of "standing on place wherein food is plenty, allowing to stop moving like the neighbouring nomads". -Asar Imhotep
Xand
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Children of the Nile is commercial so I will probably not be using it and is not RPG.

You can look at Annabelgame in Ancient Egypt, it is not free but you can play it for about seven hours this is good example how I would like my game to look like but in my game will be able to fully look around and go anywhere will be 3D and pick up almost any object when mouse over object will pop up window with hieroglyph, transcription and translation.

http://www.nevosoft.com/review/game-Annabel/platform-pc

Yes all music are randomly generated in free cgMusic, you can try it at the beginning you can choose which music type you like and then click at play, change seed to be slightly different or click rerandomize all.Only few musics from about hundred tries sound good so be prepared to try it a lot and remember to save it to MIDI.

http://codeminion.com/blogs/maciek/2008/05/cgmusic-computers-create-music/

If you want you can look at free Master of Wind RPG at Solest org page is very good game.
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Xand, this is some inspiring information. I hope it goes well with you. The link to the first forum site with the information about your project is broken, there doesn't seem to be a post there. Let me know how it turns out.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dzama923 wrote:
... The link to the first forum site with the information about your project is broken, there doesn't seem to be a post there. ...

As every time when you say a link is broken (and you did say this now several times here in this forum) the link works....

Perhaps the problem is rather your hard or software?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: