Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Ancient Mayans
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrismackint
Account Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol you so easily praise the ancient maya, but if they were alive today I'm sure you would be criticizing them for their religious practices.

It's easy to idealize a culture from the past that is long gone, but a living culture is a completely different thing.

Look at how we in the west criticize the cultural practices of Muslims, or the way we are constantly reporting negatively on the Chinese?

Aern't we at war with Ghadaffi becuase of the way he treats his people?

Lol I can just imagine how you would all react if the maya were still alive and practicing their religion-I'm sure you would all be criticising the maya.

You would react just the way europeans did when they encountered the living mayan civilization- by completely obliterating it from the face of the earth.

I'm sure if the maya had not collapsed, and moved on from being warring city states to a nation state, and somehow managed to survive into the 20th century, that the U.S. would have nuked them to oblivion by now, as we all know unless the U.S. approves of another nations cultural practices it's policy is to destroy that nation, no matter what the cost.

I'm tired of studying dead cultures, living culture is so much more impressive; but the only impressive culture is dead- such a waste.

You people really need to stop living in this daydream world of the west- wake up and look at your own culture before you go having an opinion on the maya.
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mayas are very interesting. I do not really know a lot about them. I will try to learn more about them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: