Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The most frightening Egyptian artwork on earth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: The most frightening Egyptian artwork on earth Reply with quote

Now that I've been so helpfully introduced to the Photobucket site, I can start using some of my own photos right here in our forum. Many people are creeped out by mummies...the idea of viewing the desiccated body of someone who died thousands of years ago. We have over 20 mummies on display at the Field, and though only two of them are unwrapped, judging from the facial expressions I see on many of our visitors, two are more than enough. Dead bodies don't bother me. I used to be an EMT with an ambulance service and, believe me, I've seen much worse.

No, there's only one thing in our exhibit at the Field Museum that truly creeps me out, and it's this:

This is the bust of a New Kingdom woman. We call it the Michael Jackson bust. The resemblance is disturbingly obvious, and to me it's proof that plastic surgey has been keeping Wacko Jacko alive for more than 3000 years. Every time I see this bust, a chill runs through me. Surprised

Visit my blog!
isisinacrisis
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oww! that statue really looks like Wacko Jacko-it's scary! Right down to the nose (or lack of it!)

kmt_sesh, let me know if you find any tomb paintings depicting 'moonwalking like an Egyptian' Laughing
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
kmt_sesh, let me know if you find any tomb paintings depicting 'moonwalking like an Egyptian'

Or maybe a statue with longish, greasy black hair and only one hand wearing a glove? Surprised

Visit my blog!
Diorite
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack! The first one shows us what MJ has been taking to the plastic surgeon as a go-by!

Whoever has done is work should be banned from practicing medicine!

Diorite
kmt_sesh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whoever has done is work should be banned from practicing medicine!

Isn't that just the truth? Didn't there used to be something called ethics? I mean, these doctors are certainly intelligent enough to realize that over time they have literally turned Michael Jackson into a freak. Michael Jackson is the only one who can't see it. But I suspect these doctors are more interested in Wacko Jacko's deep pockets (or at least they used to be deep) than in medical ethics.

This New Kingdom bust really does creep me out. I love pointing it out to people, and everyone gets a kick out of it...although I think they walk away as creeped out as I am. Surprised

Visit my blog!
Saleyer
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...... Shocked ........... first question that occured my little brain when I saw that pic: How the hell is that possible that an Ancient-Egyptian bust looks exactly like Wacko-Jacko???????? Confused
Or maybe *shivers*....(just a crazy thought) maybe M.J. is just the re-incarnation of that Egyptian man/woman... lol, just kidding.... Laughing ....but hey.. what if? I mean seriously? Laughing Laughing Laughing
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know where this statue is from? It is intriguing to me. It is from the new kingdom, that is nice I will look into that time period, but where was it found? I think it would be interesting to know if they made it like that on purpose. It looks like a friend of a friend I knew.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shelley Esaak : Statue of a Woman - Egyptian, New Kingdom, ca. 1550 B.C.-1070 B.C.
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks exactly like the statue of Amenhotep III's wife that is found in Luxor. I saw a picture of one here...http://egiptologia.com It is in the first window that scrolls.
dzama923
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks exactly like the statue of Amenhotep III's wife that is found in Luxor. I saw a picture of one here...http://egiptologia.com It is in the first window that scrolls.
Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egyptian Dreams Forum Index ---> Pyramids, Tombs, & Monuments ---> Statue of Queen Teje (?) found in Kom El-Hettan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: