Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can Anyone Help Identify What This Says Please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkWarner
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Can Anyone Help Identify What This Says Please? Reply with quote

Hi I bought a "thing" the other day. It solid and I believe it has come of something bigger.

It is based on a Qebehsenuef canopic vase and I believe (but am not sure) it dates from the 19th century.

There is come writing on the front and I'D LOVE it if someone can tell me roughly what it says. I think that might well help in solving the mystery of what this is.

Below are some pictures.

Many thanks, Mark

Lutz
Pharaoh
Pharaoh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that Aset and Neseret probably still on holliday ... That's why I answer, although I am in no way an expert for translations.

From my point of view and as far as the photo allows, I would say the inscription makes no sense and is not translatable. Only hieroglyphs in simple form and writing, not very detailed carved, used as decorating elements.

Depending on the material, I would say it is a decorative element, maybe from the 19th / early 20th century. Perhaps it was a part of a piece of furniture. Or exterior, part of a building, for example a family-tomb? Or a stand-alone-element in a garden landscape?

Greetings, Lutz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Art and Literature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: